Tirerack...has anyone bought from them

Status
Not open for further replies.
First visual impression was that they don't have the same squared off shoulder look of the Yokohama's, of which I did like..but looks aren't everything.

Revo's are fantastic, noticed immediate difference in ride quality, today we took that truck up on the highway, rides a bit softer then the Yok's did and keeps the truck GLUED to the road.

Truck also sits up another good 2" or so, these tires are quite a bit taller then the previous ones were, and we'll have to make adjustments to the camper jacks to mount the camper back on the truck.

Sounds like what most people find when they switch to the Revo's - great, sure footed road grip. The wet pavement traction has been excellent in my experience. Enough tread to hold its own as an AT tire. I got 75,000 miles out of my last set in LT245 75 16 Load Range C on my F150. I stepped up to a P265 75 16 on my replacements (in stock and better price) without any real disappointments.

Curious how they'll hold up in a more HD application!

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
ive bought 2 sets of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S from them, real smooth transaction. i bought the Road Hazard through my old work, and mounted them myself on a Hunter mounter and a Hunter Road Force Balancer. that being said the last set of tires i bought i just had my old work order and mount and balance for me, the cost evened out since they were on sale.

Tirerack is great for track tyres though. they will shave them for you and heat cycle them for you for $15 each per tyre.

On an R, if you're running 18s, you should have wheel coverage, which should cover all tires as well. Keep the inflations on the high side; R owners running lower pressures report a high incidence of sidewall and wheel failures.

A good tire choice for that vehicle if you're not swapping seasonal rubber.

MNGopher....you and me both regarding the HD application. The 2 sets of previous tires barely lasted 20-25k miles on this particular diesel, one set was BFG AT KO and Yokohama Geolander AT II's.

We rotate them every 3-5k miles due to the weight of the truck, only currently have barely 300 miles on this new set of Revo's as truck doesn't get drove much during the week. In a week or two, we'll be heading to the hills, i..e Blue Mesa, CO with the camper and boat in tow, I'll post opinions then. So far, I'm impressed however.

I had trouble on a set of tires that I bought from the Tire rack, and their customer service SUCKS.

I will NEVER buy anything from them again.

The true test of a company is how they react when something goes wrong, and the Tire rack failed miserably.

My442:

Originally Posted By: My442
I had trouble on a set of tires that I bought from the Tire rack, and their customer service SUCKS.

I will NEVER buy anything from them again.

The true test of a company is how they react when something goes wrong, and the Tire rack failed miserably.

Details please!

I too have purchased from the TireRack and have had excellent service.

I made the mistake once of buying the wheels separately and then the tires separately.

This meant taking everything to a shop where they proceeded to make a mess of the situation. They gouged the inside of one wheel almost around half the circumference because their tire tech did not have the wheel properly clamped on the mounting machine.

I could go on, but won't.

Bottom line, TireRack installs everything and Road Force balances the tires. Do it once, do it right.

Just remember, no one is perfect. If you do get a wheel/tire combo that appears damaged, then call TireRack and they will take care of the problem, trust me, I know -- it happens -- not that often, but it does.

Nice Country over by Blue Mesa (I'm a MN native, but a CSU Alumni with my wife's family and friends all over CO).

Always curious how these tires work in different applications. FWIW, they have been the best AT tire I've ever run (between a few hundred thousand miles on 2 F150's and a Jeep Cherokee, and that includes the BFG AT KO's.) I've run them in everything from Colorado Mountain Driving, logging road duty in Northern MN, on the beach in North Carolina, many construcion sites, and they've performed well. I debated hard between the REVO's and Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor's, which get similar ratings to the REVO's, but my pervious Goodyear Truck tire experience was less than stellar. The first REVO run was excellent, so no harm in going for a 2nd run!

Last edited:
With TireRack it depends who you talk to. Sometime I call TireRack to ask something (very rarely) and get connected to some kid or even grown up who just don't care at all and trying to get off the phone as quickly as possible. You can tell right away. These people are not much help at all. But once I talked to this older man who was honest, knoweledgable, helpful and wasn't hectic. He didn't try to push anything on me either. That time I bought a lot of things from TireRack and mentioned his name in the order. He even called to thank me and tell me that some stuff was backordered and I will have to wait. Now that was a good service. So again it depends.

I like TireRack but honestly it is kinda off lately with their selection of some tires and brake products. And they also don't carry such good popular brands as Nokian and Falken. It is good for info and research but keep in mind there are plenty of other automotive sites out there and if you don't feel TireRack deserves your business order from someone else.

I bought a set of winter tires and rims for my wife's Lexus RX300. They were supposed to come with center caps. I got a set of chrome lug nuts instead.

When I called them up, I got put on hold for about 20 minutes, then copped some bad attitude from 2 different customer service people. And, the issue was not resolved.

Here is something you folks need to understand: The true mettle of a company is how you are treated when something goes WRONG. If you have a transaction that has no issues, you are happy.

My point is that the Tire Rack does a [censored] job on customer complaints.

I give all my business now to the small local shops.

Last edited:
I have purchased my tire requirements from Tire Rack for more than 20 years. Their sales staff has been absolutely GREAT!( I deal with Brad, Ext. 398) The problem with local dealers is that they will want to sell you what they have in stock. That will not necessarily get you the best tire for your needs. Any business has a few hiccups now and then. From my experience, I cant say anything but positives about this company.FWIW

Bought twice from the Rack, both times, very satisfied.

Last order they were out of the silver rings, they sent me a full set (four) of blue ones as temps, until about two months later when they automatically had they silver ones shipped overnight via FedEx. Keep in mind, I had only purchased two rims, but they wanted to make sure all the silver rings matched.

I bought from TR for over twenty years and for the most part, service and delivery was great. I haven't purchased from them for the last five years due to $ charging for mounting, local competiton, etc.
Made a purchase Tuesday and the experience was great. Knowledgeable service writer, mounting and balancing appears good, and all tires were inflated evenly.
I was in and out in less than an hour.

Tire Rack service is very good. You get tires shipped very quickly. I don't care for how they rope the tires together for shipping and crush the sidewalls and the tires get left on your porch tied together and no box of any kind. Also, it's hard to do a warranty claim for a defective tire--I know! You have to send the tire back and wait. Try it sometime!! I ended up just buying another tire from them to replace the defect. And, problems with dealing with your TPM system. How do you get them your monitors if you are buying a tire/wheel package? Also, getting them installed is a PITA. Some wal-marts just plain stink at balancing tires. If you can find a tire shop to do it, and a lot of them don't like to install Tire RAck tires---then go for it. I have bought from Tire Rack a few times before, and I have chosen to not buy anymore due to the hassle of the above mentioned issues.

I've order 2 Goodyear Assurance TTs for a beater Nissan Quest we have since I didn't want to take it into Costco for just 2 tires. I work at a Honda dealer, so I made the tires a DIY project with one of the techs watching me operate the tire changer and I did a roadforce balance on a GSP9700. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back