BG 44K vs. Redline SL-1 vs. Gumout Regane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did I search on here for "BG 44K" and returned no results and I also googled BG 44K + bobistheoilguy and returned no good hits. I was wondering if anyone knows the PEA content of the three cleaners mentioned in the title? Is PEA content the only ingredient to look at when deciding on which to buy? I know mechanics swear by BG 44K and nothing else and I was wondering what is so special about the $20+ bottle of BG 44K? A lot of stealerships carry BG 44K.

Thanks

Now that you have posted do the search again. You won't find it which will demonstrate that the search is broken. It has unspoken rules for what it will and won't search for.

Regane and SI-1 (not SL-1) PEA percentages are listed in their MSDS. The 44K MSDS has little to say.

I Googled "44K site:bobistheoilguy.com" and found several results. I Googled "BG 44K PEA" and ran across this which should solve your problem.

MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W203) > What Is Your Favourite Fuel Injector Cleaner?

Quote:
Seems expensive for stoddard solvent and tiki-torch fuel.

Quality goes down, price stays high. I wouldn't expect a stealership to know or care that PEA was dropped though I would expect them to use the most expensive product available so they can make more money. Who but BITOG members keeps track of esoteric information like "PEA is the active ingredient that cleans combustion chambers?" Check out Chevron's Science Page for Techron to see what makes PEA so good. Techron dropped PEA too.

Originally Posted By: severach
Now that you have posted do the search again. You won't find it which will demonstrate that the search is broken. It has unspoken rules for what it will and won't search for.

Regane and SI-1 (not SL-1) PEA percentages are listed in their MSDS. The 44K MSDS has little to say.

I Googled "44K site:bobistheoilguy.com" and found several results. I Googled "BG 44K PEA" and ran across this which should solve your problem.

MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W203) > What Is Your Favourite Fuel Injector Cleaner?

Quote:
Seems expensive for stoddard solvent and tiki-torch fuel.

Quality goes down, price stays high. I wouldn't expect a stealership to know or care that PEA was dropped though I would expect them to use the most expensive product available so they can make more money. Who but BITOG members keeps track of esoteric information like "PEA is the active ingredient that cleans combustion chambers?" Check out Chevron's Science Page for Techron to see what makes PEA so good. Techron dropped PEA too.

Thanks, I will go with Redline.

The MSDS for Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus (United States) that we buy at the auto store has dropped PEA for some el-cheapo distillate. PEA is a large percentage of the formulation so can't hide easily. The promotional material has not dropped the PEA information yet. Some other Techron labeled products still have PEA. Makes you wonder why Chevron dropped their own developed product. License fees too high? Can't meet emissions standards?

If they found something better they aren't admitting to it on the MSDS. I think they found something cheaper that they can sell on their good name for a while.

Just because PEA is not listed in the MSDS doesn't mean it's not in there. The MSDS is primarily for safety information. The can have PEA in the product, and call it a "proprietary additive" if they want. Heck, if the process to make PES's starts with some form of petroleum, they can call PEA a petroleum distillate if they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back