Need a Delvac 1 UOA – Sending a sample to the U.S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Can anyone tell whether I can get in trouble by doing this? Is it illegal to send a used oil sample to the United States?

Also, is there a lab working with overseas customers on a regular basis?

The shipping cost is likely less than the difference in price between European/German and U.S. labs.

Is there anything special about Delvac 1 and the Cummins B-series engine, that a European average lab may not be aware of?

I thought I read about the ester/add-pack in D1 affecting the oxidation or soot reading.

Thanks for your input.

Extreme-Duty.

I dont foresee this to be an issue, if sent the right way. Most likely that would be surface transport, by ship.

PM me if you need assistance.

JMH

Hi everybody,

there are sure some labs in Germany, but is the Euro-analysis worth the price?

To discuss our first UOA on BITOG, I think we would be better off using an American lab that is known to you all. Also, I doubt the German labs know the Cummins B-series and Delvac 1 good enough to give us a useful interpretation of it. Pricing isn’t good either. In general, UOA is relatively unknown to the public over here.

Wearcheck (not the same as in North America?) and Zeppelin Öldiagnose (Caterpillar), both not related to an oil company, charge between 97 and 115 USD + 19% VAT for a “set 2” analysis including ICP, IR, PQ-index, TBN, viscosity (at 40 and 100C), water, glycol and fuel content. While there may be other German independent labs analyzing engine oil samples, these are the two I know. I am just scared to pay 130 USD for an analysis/interpretation, if the lab cannot compare its findings with anything. Can't a US lab do just as good at half the cost?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I dont foresee this to be an issue, if sent the right way. Most likely that would be surface transport, by ship.

PM me if you need assistance.

JMH

Thanks for your offer, I will PM later on.

Extreme-Duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back