Status
Not open for further replies.
2003 Chevy Duramax Diesel
Baldwin B1441 Oil Filter
AC A1618C Air Filter
Oil Guard Bypass Filter

Test Date, Jul-08
Oil Grade, 5W40
Oil Type, M1 T&SUV (original 5w40 version of M1 T&SUV)
LAB, PMSI
Miles on Unit, 80704
Miles on Oil, 5894
Iron, 5
Chromium, 0
Lead, 6
Copper, 4
Tin , 1
Aluminum, 2
Nickel, 0
Silver, 0
Silicon, 7
Boron, 73
Sodium, 2
Potassium, 5
Magnesium , 333
Calcium, 2,448
Phosphorus, 1,474
Zinc, 1,689
Moly, 47
Fuel, A
Water, 0
Glycol, Neg
Visc-100ccST, 13.3
Soot, 0.0
Oxidation, 13.00
Nitration, 7.00
(TBN not tested)

I don't recall for sure but I may have topped off with 8-16oz of Power Service Diesel Lube Oil Extender during this OCI.

Current plan is to run M1 5w40 in the winter and DELO 400 (CI-4) in the winter .. current stash of both should last about 5 years with a 6 month, 6-7kmi OCI

(Click on UOA in my signature for complete history)

55.gif

Last edited:
Looks great, but am curious why you would put DLOE in a perfectly formulated oil though? The Pb is actually higher than Fe, but I'm not so sure that the additive of the DLOE isn't adding to the Pb number.

Also agree with addyguy. You should run this oil at a minimum of 10K miles (MINIMUM).

Nice wearing engine you got BP
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Arkapigdiesel
Looks great, but am curious why you would put DLOE in a perfectly formulated oil though? The Pb is actually higher than Fe, but I'm not so sure that the additive of the DLOE isn't adding to the Pb number.

Also agree with addyguy. You should run this oil at a minimum of 10K miles (MINIMUM).

Nice wearing engine you got BP
thumbsup2.gif

Interesting observation on the Pb .. Fe and Pb have been fairly constant for a while now (click on UOA in my signature).

Regarding the DLOE, I have a few Gallons I bought several years ago when Wal-Mart was clearing it out so I use it to top off between changes as needed.. I know I could run the oil longer but I guess I just enjoy changing it
crazy2.gif
.. still old school .. came of age changing oil in the 60's when OCI's were 2kmi ..old habits die hard
21.gif

grin2.gif

I know ... I'm an anal engineer type given to overkill .. my truck is also more of a hobby than a necessity ...
wink.gif

Hmmmmmmm ....

A premium synthetic oil, with OG bypass system, at a 6k mile OCI.

That's either true love, or insanity. Or, a little of both.
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bill Plock
I know ... I'm an anal engineer type given to overkill .. my truck is also more of a hobby than a necessity ...
wink.gif

Then you should know what the syn oils advantages are which is basically long life.extreme heat and extreme cold and the bypass filter extends
"should" the servive of the oil.So you are doing the syn oil and bypass filter to no advantage at all cept for the oil company,filter company and UOA company .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back