Laser Toner refill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it work?

I have a NEC superscript 1260 that I bought almost 8 years ago. The original toner is faded. I read that I need to refill asap. I read about cartridge world and they guarantee their work. I read a post about an owner of a franchise saying they charge 60% less than staples does. should I buy a new toner cartridge or refill it? (if it works)

We get cartridge world ink jet refills...much better than new, or refilling them yourself.

Plus a local person (franchisee) gets some bucks on re-using my cartridges rather than turfing them.

I have not needed to refill my HP 12A. A Cartridge World opened up down the street. The price they quoted was very competitive compared to new ($38.xx compared to $65 or so)plus it came with a warranty. I considered Ebay, but the price difference is so small it is worth it for the convenience in case something goes wrong.

I'll call up this afternoon after I get up to see how much it cost. I was talking to my wife about how ridiculous the prices of toner cartridges is. her 4 cartridges for her color inkjet printer was almost 70 bucks new.

I recently got a Cartridge World refill for my Brother laser. The price was $38 vs $65-70. The refill does not print well on the toner-saving setting, where the original worked very well. IF you use the full bore setting the quality is approximately equal to the lesser setting with the factory cartridge. I'm not sure I will do this again.

I have also had only so-so succes with them filling some garden variety HP black inkjet cartridges, but in general I am happier with these than with the laser.

I just called cartridge world. for a NEC superscript 1260, they quoted me $104 delivered to me. they didn't have it in stock, called their supplier in Georgia. I'm going to search online

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
I recently got a Cartridge World refill for my Brother laser. The price was $38 vs $65-70. The refill does not print well on the toner-saving setting, where the original worked very well. IF you use the full bore setting the quality is approximately equal to the lesser setting with the factory cartridge. I'm not sure I will do this again.

I have also had only so-so succes with them filling some garden variety HP black inkjet cartridges, but in general I am happier with these than with the laser.

That is good to know. I refill my own HP inkjet cartridges with good results. The kits at TrueColor Imagining work well with HP. I salvaged a Canon BJC-3000 inkjet printer from a second hand shop. New print head on Ebay for $20 and 30 ml drop in cartridges for less then $2.00 each on Ebay. An economical work horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back