a friend wants to write in Aabic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll have to register with a department or something...maybe they'll automatically register him.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
he has an arabic keyboard. what else does he need to be able to email someone in arabic? xp home

I presume there is an Arabic language kit that allows typing in Arabic (with a standard Western keyboard). On my old Mac I had a Japanese language kit installed, which allowed typing in Japanese. The new Mac (OSX) doesn't need the language kit.

Quote:
I think he'll have to register with a department or something...maybe they'll automatically register him.

!

My Mac lets me type and display Arabic. I open the 'International' (font) palette and pick either Arabic or Arabic QWERTY from a list of dozens of languages/fonts. Journalists working in non-Western countries use usually Macs. Dunno about computers other than Mac, sorry.

Google to the rescue!

I don't think the keyboard has anything to do with this. Just go to the Regional and Language Options control panel and setup the region and language that you want to use.

Well English is considered the language of profit!!! Every palce that has a great industrial base and lots of technology also has a lot of people that can speak english even if that is not their native language! Hence the the English options. Usualy if someone does not speak English it is because they are waiting for the stupid American tourist to show some respect and make an honest effort to speak their native tongue!

Macintosh computers have support for a lot of languages as long as you go ahead and install the language package. Arabic is probably supported. Special keyboards might be needed for some languages that use a different alphabet than English.

I don't know about Windows and Linux computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back