Are my wheel bearings going bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a 2000 Dodge Caravan. When sitting in the front passenger seat, I can hear the right front wheel clicking sporadically. At lower speeds around 10-15 mph I can't hear it, but when I get up to 30 mph the clicking is more pronounced. I made sure the hub cap is on tight to rule that out. Does this sound like a bad bearing? If so, tomorrow is Friday and I have a 4.5 hour trip on Monday for a week of vacation so I may not be able to get it fixed until I get back. Will there be any harm in driving it in this condition, and if there is any harm, what could happen in a worst case scenario? any help greatly apreciated. thank you

Wheel bearings hum, growl,screech,whine. Never heard one click. Sounds kinda like a slightly loose brake pad shifting in bracket. Does noise go away, or change if you lightly ride the brake?

Bob

alreadygone..thanks for the reply...Ok...just got back from a test drive where I took the front hubcap off. The clicking was absent with the plastic hub cap off. I inspected the hubcap and noticed no loose parts inside it, no loose brackets. Yet, will a plastic hubcap sometimes tend to creat this unusual clikcing sound I was hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back