Fender Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to fenders- I did a lot of "internet research" on this a few weeks ago, here's my advice. Look at what SKS & Planet Bike have to offer. After lots of looking, I bought a pair of Planet Bike Cascadia ATB fenders. Their Cascadias are made in sizes for 26", 700(in two different widths), they even make a "29er"size- I think that's a "700" diameter rim with a wide tire. The SKS is good too- but it comes up short on mud flaps. It's also made for different diameter tires, & in several widths.

The Cascadias also come with spacer tubes for bikes with disc brakes. They seem to be well made, & are popular on the bikefoums dot com, as are the SKS fenders & some other Planet Bike models

Whatever you get- if you want to keep most of that dirty ground water off you & your bike be sure to get some full size fenders. Those little clip-ons will, I suspect, be a big disappointment.
wink.gif

Here's a link to the ones I bought(they also come in black- and Planet Bike also has a model with shorter mudflap that comes in black, silver- or *Yellow*, for extra bling!
grin2.gif
), got my order just over $75 & so got free shipping from this BikeSomewhere, thru Amazon, plus a 5% discount. Link: http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Bike-Cascad...4441000&sr=1-23

Originally Posted By: mpvue
http://cgi.ebay.com/WOOD-ROAD-FIXED-GEAR-SINGLE-SPEED-BIKE-FENDERS-700C_W0QQitemZ220232016670QQihZ012QQcategoryZ42319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cody makes BEAUTIFUL fenders. If you get them though, go straight to the source; Woodys Fenders and bypass the middlemen. Cody was a joy to deal with when we ordered a set for my wife's commuter bike (bubble pattern with lace wood, walnut, and blood wood). All stainless/brass hardware, and marine grade polyurethane to keep out the elements.

For day to day use, it will be hard to go wrong with the SKS/ESGE fenders. A fair bit cheaper that the Woodies too.

I ended up getting some Planet Bike Cascadia's from a local shop. Paid out the arse for it, too. Got to test them on the way home from the shop, and they work pretty darn well! And the bike looks nifty to boot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back