Bike update

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I've been on... but I bought my 2007 Trek 1500 last July and love it! I did some upgrades. DuraAce 12-25 cassette and Neuvation R28 Aero3 wheels, Conti GP 4000 Black Chili tires.

IMG_0959_large.JPG

Nice bike, I like the frame, looks very well built. I'm a mountain bike rider so I don't know much about road/racing bikes. On some bikes the click noise is quieter, I'm assuming the cartridge is less noisy compared to cassette.

About how much does the bike weigh?

Click noise? You mean that noise when you coast? That's the rear hub pawls. Not much to do with a cassette. Some mfg's hubs are just louder than others.

Jeep, you get an 11-23 as OEM? Even that 12-25 is a big diff with a triple. Run about 20-21 lbs?

I like those Neuvation wheels, my local shop is a dealer and they seem like top drawer deals for the coin!!
thumbsup2.gif

The only thing keeping me from jumping on a pair is I wanted radial spoking in the front.
Did they decide to use a cross pattern in front for 'daily beater/training strength' only??
Anyone know?

Originally Posted By: lpcmidst128
On some bikes the click noise is quieter, I'm assuming the cartridge is less noisy compared to cassette.

cartridge/cassette, same thing. he's just saying he put a new dura ace cluster (the sprockets) on, that's all. the perceived noise is due to design of the engagement system and/or how well lubed it is.

Originally Posted By: wantin150
Click noise? You mean that noise when you coast? That's the rear hub pawls. Not much to do with a cassette. Some mfg's hubs are just louder than others.

Jeep, you get an 11-23 as OEM? Even that 12-25 is a big diff with a triple. Run about 20-21 lbs?

It came with a SRAM 12-26. The DuraAce is geared as a cassette. The bike weighs around 20. I'm bad at weight guessing. The hub is louder than my bontrager selects but I'll take the stiffness, strength, ride quality and lightness.

Dailydriver... I love the Neuvations. People will say buy Mavics, Campy or ROL but these Nevuations offer the best for such a great price!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back