NXT 2.0 VS Duragloss,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know alot of people favor Duragloss over Megs. So I jumped on the wagon and a month ago I tried the TPP (105). The result were great but the shine wore off quick. So this weekend I washed my car, then clayed and applied the polish bond and then CCP (111) on top. Looked great but I am just not a fan of the durabilty. I did the same process on my Acura TL (White car) and Tahoe (black). Also the finish with the Megs 2.0 and then layed with Tech yellow was so much smoother and glossier.

Any input?

Let me ask you this... how did you know the Duragloss' durability was diminished? How did you measure or judge its performance?

If using DG 601(bonding agent)then 105 polish remove together, it'll hold up well,very well,DG and Collinite is all i use anymore..

The new NXT wax is pure junk in my humble opinion. Easy to use no doubt but just not the gloss/clarity and shine that Meguires hypes with thier marketing. And the durabilty is the worse I've seen. Lasted MAYBE 3 weeks in my testing.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
The new NXT wax is pure junk in my humble opinion. Easy to use no doubt but just not the gloss/clarity and shine that Meguires hypes with thier marketing. And the durabilty is the worse I've seen. Lasted MAYBE 3 weeks in my testing.

Are you talking about the original NXT or the new NXT 2.0? I've found the original version only lasted 2-3 weeks, but version 2.0 lasts way longer than that! Even in harsh wintertime driving, with tons of road salt battering my paint, a single coat of NXT 2.0 kept my finish feeling nice and slippery even after two solid months!

I talked to Meguires and they said the ONLY difference in the NXT is the 2.0 last twice as long.

One of the reasons that Dura Gloss products are used by many pro detailers is because of their lasting properties so I'm baffled by your statement. In spite of the incorrect "polish" label #105 is an all in one chemical cleaner and light sealant. Like Klasse AIO it is not intended to be the final product to go on the paint. For extended longevity it should be topped with a pure sealant or wax, I prefer sealant but we all have our preferences. I have witnessed 90 day durability (+/-) of both NXT 2.0 and DG #105 without being topped with another product but on properly prepared/polished surfaces! In my experiments NXT 2.0 muted the flake in some colors but the DG #105 made the flake absolutely pop and sparkle enhancing it. Both are good but DG is my preferred product. That and 25 cents won't even get you a phone call so base product usage on your preference.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
I talked to Meguires and they said the ONLY difference in the NXT is the 2.0 last twice as long.

So I guess the regular NXT was hydrophobic as well...

Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: GMBoy

Are you talking about the original NXT or the new NXT 2.0? I've found the original version only lasted 2-3 weeks, but version 2.0 lasts way longer than that! Even in harsh wintertime driving, with tons of road salt battering my paint, a single coat of NXT 2.0 kept my finish feeling nice and slippery even after two solid months!

I was referring to the latest version. I have been dissappointed in Meguire's for the past several years with their latest offerings and the crazy ad hype like hydrophopic or whatever they call it. Their original products like #26 yellow wax and the #7 glaze are still top notch products, however. I have been using Griot's garage products for the past 5 years and have been happy as heck. But, I figured I'd give the NXT2.0 a try since it is available everywhere whereas I have to mail order the Groits. Well, let's just say that the Griots Best of Show wax that was on my vehicle for 4 months was still shiny and had a deep gloss. As soon as I used the Meguire's NXT2.0 - the truck lost the clarity and the shine was not as deep. Worse yet, after just 2 car washes I noticed it was wearing away. And yes, I even use the detailer spray after all washings. Meguire's DOES make a good detailer spray and that's all I use by them.

Now Patman - your Corvette always looks good, I just think that we can get better results from other waxes and my opinion is supported by many detailing websites. But, for ease of use, this NXT does win hands down. My Griot's wax is a bit hard to remove - maybe that's why it lasts so long. I even think that the Meguire'sGold Class lasted longer and was glossier than NXT.

GMBOY: I agree with you 100% NXT 2.0 is JUNK. Had a friend give me a bottle and like most of Meguiers products NXT 2.0 is all hype and poor results. Mothers Carnauba Cleaner Wax at $4.97 a bottle blows NXT 2.0 away.

Originally Posted By: bigbull2984
Should I use the 105 on top of 111.

no, thos two are about the same,top 105 with collinite or another
good wax only,

105 is a little more durable then 111..

I wonder if perhaps there are a few bad batches of NXT 2.0 running around? Because most of the people I've talked to who have tried it have found it to last a very long time and the shine has been incredible for them. So to hear the exact opposite here, tells me that perhaps there might be a bad batch that is not giving the true results that this product is capable of.

One of the things I love about it is the fact that you can buy it just about anywhere and don't have to mail order it or pay an excessive amount of money for it.

Originally Posted By: Patman
I wonder if perhaps there are a few bad batches of NXT 2.0 running around? Because most of the people I've talked to who have tried it have found it to last a very long time and the shine has been incredible for them. So to hear the exact opposite here, tells me that perhaps there might be a bad batch that is not giving the true results that this product is capable of.

One of the things I love about it is the fact that you can buy it just about anywhere and don't have to mail order it or pay an excessive amount of money for it.

Pat, don't forget that no one is conducting empirical tests to determine NXT's durability. Who knows how everyone is coming to their conclusions. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions myself until I tested the product using my own repeatable criteria.

Quote:
Pat, don't forget that no one is conducting empirical tests to determine NXT's durability. Who knows how everyone is coming to their conclusions. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions myself until I tested the product using my own repeatable criteria.

Well said and quite true.

That could be significant to some. I thought the new formula utilized hydrophobic polymer technology the original formula didn't.

Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob

That could be significant to some. I thought the new formula utilized hydrophobic polymer technology the original formula didn't.

Well since the old stuff only lasted weeks than is Meguire's themselves saying it only is good for maybe 2 months tops??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back