Recommend dosage Redline S1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
My 2006 Honda Fit 1.5 odo reading 49K and gas tank capacity is 42lt. So what do guys think to pour the whole bottle (14f oz)or half. Instruction said that an ounce will treat a few gal of gas and also is it neccessary to do an oil change after this treatment.

pour the whole bottle in then....when you fill up the next time at the gas station i use 3 oz of si-1 every time i fill up..and no you do not need to change oil after a full bottle.

Originally Posted By: airwave
Hi
My 2006 Honda Fit 1.5 odo reading 49K and gas tank capacity is 42lt. So what do guys think to pour the whole bottle (14f oz)or half. Instruction said that an ounce will treat a few gal of gas and also is it neccessary to do an oil change after this treatment.

For small tank like Fit, it is better to put 1/2 bottle for the first dosage.
If this the first time you put SI-1, then monitor your oil after you finish the tank, see if the oil contains black deposits. If yes, it is better to change the oil.

Some cars ECU are sensitive of SI-1, my toyota after the Auto-rx, really do not like overdosage of SI-1, it causes the drive feels funny, engine seems can not rev to high-rpm freely.

Where are you guys buying RL SI-1 ? My local auto supply stores ie AA, AZ, & O'R only carry RL waterwetter and diesel additive. When I went to RL website and did a dealer search no one showing as a SI-1 dealer.

The recommended continuous treat rate as per Red Line's SI-1 data sheet is 1/3 or 1/6 ounce per gallon of gasoline. Since 1 gallon equals 3.78 liters, you should be fairly close to this.

Are most here ordering SI-1 direct from RL ? I can't find it anywhere in my area, not even the independent supply stores carry it. If SI-1 is so good why is it so hard to find ?

Airbusdrvr,

Jegs and Summit Racing carry Redline S-1 injector cleaner.

AAP did sell it at one time, but they had it on clearance for $2.50 per bottle last year.
55.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: airbusdrvr
Are most here ordering SI-1 direct from RL ? I can't find it anywhere in my area, not even the independent supply stores carry it. If SI-1 is so good why is it so hard to find ?

Not enough found out how truly great it is. I have seen it work on stuff that was amazing. Heck had people return 2 bottle (got a spare for themselves too) for giving them a bottle to try. PepBoys has carried it since at least 92/93 and I thank them for it. The other have not, then carried it for a short while.

Love it and seen the 4 and 5 gas analysis of engines to PROVE its effectiveness.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back