Fuel catalyst additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the early 80s, a friend got me using a fuel catalyst called “Propel” (You added it to the gas tank). Pep Boys was the only place in San Diego that sold it, so when my friend told me that Pep Boys was not going to carry it anymore (My friend’s father was a manager for Pep Boys), I bought up the remaining inventory.

This stuff really did work. My gas mileage increased. Just wondering if there is any fuel additive out there that really does increase MPG, since we’re all looking at ways to increase my MPG.

Originally Posted By: powayroger
Just wondering if there is any fuel additive out there that really does increase MPG, since we’re all looking at ways to increase my MPG.

IMHO no, there's no fuel additives that would increase MPG. Only through means of improving aerodynamics (less drag),reduce internal mechanical friction,lower tire rolling resistance, lower unnecessary vehicle weight and drive sensibly would you be able to increase/improve fuel economy.

An NO, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ANY miracle cure/MPG improvers in your gas tank kinda deal and anything that claims >3% (more than) of improvements are especially of suspicion.

Get a tune up and shed some body weight if I were you (I'm lean and mean and drive a 1.5L machine)

my 2c.
12.gif

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back