Jinma Chinese tractors - anyone use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll keep my old 2 cylinder john deere, thank you. the jinma will never have the reliability/longevity of most john deere's. you wanna buy a tractor? then buy a REAL tractor. an old 3020 diesel is at least 36 years old now and still 4x the tractor a jinma is, with excellent reasale, dealer support. i'll bet a 3020 2 wheel drive can out pull 3 jinma's in 4 wd. nice ones can be had for well under $12,000 too. it's a no-brainer fellas.

Ok, I have a lot to think about before buying any tractor. In my view there is a close call between a new china thing and a old brand tractor... Thanks for all info. I will be back when the tractor is in the barn...

I have ample experience driving a 3020 (also an International Hydro 70) for my neighbor when I was a teenager back in the early 70's. It certainly is a lot more tractor than my 28 hp Jinma; so much more in fact that it won't even fit in many of the places that I need my tractor to go. Not everyone has the same application as I, however.

I wanted a tractor on which I can do ALL of the maintenance/repairs; the little 3-speed sliding gear transmission in the Jinma doesn't frighten me in the least but I would be loathe to tear down the powershift tranny in a 3020; I haven't the tools or the skills to accomplish that task and I don't really want to pay someone else. A hydro is totally out of the question for me.

I shopped for over a year looking at used tractors and all of the available new machines (six years ago) and do not regret purchasing my Jinma which now has over 600 hours run time. I only wish I had done this 20 years sooner rather than try to get by with my 1940's tractors (Allis-Chalmers C and John Deere A).

I have no intention of selling the John Deere, however as it is a better field tractor than the Jinma ever thought of being.

The fellow to whom I sold the little Allis is now selling it and has ordered a Jinma.
Joe

Hmm. I just have a few acres of field work, but there will be some digging, landscaping and possibly some household logging. I can also see us pulling the odd moose out of the woods, doing some gamekeeping gardening, ie. small areas of peas and such to attract game, clearing light brush down by the water, snow plowing around the house and so on. Some things people use full size tractors for and somethings that a 4wd Polaris would do ok. Think the little Jinma may be just the ticket. Small, but a little more oomph than a Polaris for light tractor work. Did any of you look at the swedish Jinma ad? They actually offer both warranty and service and they are only 100 miles away.

Originally Posted By: lars11
Did any of you look at the swedish Jinma ad? .....

Ja, but itt vas writtin inn sum sorta yibberish; I yust dunno vat too mak uf itt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back