Change Oil After Techron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question. Doesn't really say on the bottle, but I was going to dump in a bottle of Chevron Techron Concentrate this weekend. It just says to fill in almost empty tank and fill. Is that all? Or should an oil change follow soon after? Some cleaners, etc. will say, to use when ready for next oil change

Some empirical data suggests that it may alter your UOA indicators. It's surely not anything conclusive ..but a few blips here and there.

If you're not looking for untainted UOA ..then don't worry about it (my opinion).

I would do it right before you change your oil. Itself or any gunk it cleans out can end up in the oil.

I've always adapted my maintenance schedule to include an injector cleaning, if I'm doing it with the additive of my choice shortly before an OC. Some may say it's not necessary and maybe so with the current formulas,,,,,,,,

But when doing extended OCIs I prefer to eliminate as many variables as possible. Thus I run my cleaner, refill the tank and then do my service work. Have done this for years and it takes no effort other than some simple planning.

If you need to clean the injectors and you are not ready for an oil change, don't worry about it. If you are nearly ready for an oil change anyway, then use the additive first.

It really doesn't make enough difference to lose any sleep over, but if there is a choice, change the oil after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back