FF 3 tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo
THIS TIME I'm just saying no until all themes, settings, extensions, add-ons, sex-ups, tools, etc are updated and configured to operate on FF3.

I've been monitoring mozilla.support.firefox newsgroup. Seems the major issue AFAICT, is corrupting of bookmarks file during installation.

I agree with Pablo on this. I've been happy with Firefox 2, so even though I've downloaded FF3, I believe I'll delay installation till this mess is sorted.

I run the portable version of FF and the upgrade to FF3 went smooth. I keep my FF lean without themes or extensions, though.

No corruption or any other unpleasant events happened. At first it seemed to be faster than FF2 but I've gotten used to it now. Downloading files is still noticeably much faster than in FF2.

No problems on 4 PC with FF3. It seems a little faster, but not much. It is supposed to manage memory a lot better than FF2. I had found that if I left FF2 up for a long time with several tabs opening and closing that its memory footprint would start to grow.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
if i install FF3 and don't like it, how can I go back to the last FF2 version?

No..Unless You did a back-up of Your profiles,as I just installed FF3 & found out that most of My add-on's were not transferred to FF3. I did a system restore point prior to installing FF3 & restring to the point before installing FF3 did not work as I had to re-install FF2 and use a free program that I use "Drive HQ online backup" to restore My profiles.

Originally Posted By: freeze12
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
if i install FF3 and don't like it, how can I go back to the last FF2 version?

No..Unless You did a back-up of Your profiles,as I just installed FF3 & found out that most of My add-on's were not transferred to FF3. I did a system restore point prior to installing FF3 & restoring to the point before installing FF3 did not work as I had to re-install FF2 and use a free program that I use "Drive HQ online backup" to restore My profiles.

I hope the profile folder for 2.0 is compatible with 3.0. That'll make switching over a breeze, but I'm with Pablo and lian - I'll wait this one out a bit. I did with 2.0 as well.

I installed ff3 when it came out and it has been slooooooow ever since. ff2 was much better in speed for me.

Hmmm?

I wonder why FF3 is causing angst. I have it running on 3 PC's w/o any issues
21.gif

Running FF 3 both in Vista 64 bit version and Ubuntu Linux 8.04 64 bit version without any issues.

There too are some sites that give instructions to speed up version 2X 3X.

Some previously posted here and if you search the net, you will discover several others.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Apparently the full version hotmail doesn't work with FF3.

It works for me.

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Apparently the full version hotmail doesn't work with FF3.

It works for me.

Doesn't for me in Linux, but does in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back