Looking for tire on a 06 Freestyle limited AWD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do guys think of the Michelin MXV4 Primacy tires? Any other suggestion for 225-60-18 tires. BTW the Perlli P6 that came with sucks big time

Thanks

Given you have AWD you must need snow capability? Otherwise I would recommend the Yokohama HS4's. Another one that likely is good candidate is the Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grid. It updates/replaces a decent tire before called the Bridgestone G009.

I have them on my 2003 Civic and am very happy with them. I think they would be a fine and safe choice for your Freestyle.

Exactly what's wrong with the Pirelli's? Hard to help you find a tire you'll like if we don't know what you DON'T like in your current tire.

Specifically what do you want a new tire to do that the old one doesn't?

I have the Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 on my Altima. The tread on the Primacy MXV4 is very similar, so they should be very quiet. Most Michelin's are extremely round and easily balanced, so don't shake or vibrate at any speed. The Primacy have a better treadwear rating than the Energy so hopefully they last longer than the Energy. Biggest complaints I have about my MXV4 Energy's is that they have worn out very quick (I'm predicting < 30K miles), have only "acceptable" handling and are absolutely horrible in the snow. I expected more for the price I paid.

I had the MXV4 S8 on my 03 Jetta, they went 75,000 miles and had another 10,000 left on them before hitting wear bars. I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks before I can the Primacy MXV4 get at Sam's clulb. At least I know I getting fresh tries.

Well order Goodyear Aussurance Confor Tread at Sams Club. The Michelin are still on backorder a may take another 6 weeks for tire size 225 60 18 to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back