Mobil-1 European Car Formula 0W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be old news but in case its not;

I always thought that Mobil-1 0W-40 was only sold through Mercedes Dealers. Guess I was wrong as I saw some in my local WalMart today. Quart size only. $5.97.

On the back of each bottle it says:

MB-Approval 229.5
Porsche Approval List 2002
VW 502.00/505.00/503.01
GM-LL-A-025 (gasoline)
GM-LL-B-025 (diesel)
BMW Longlife 01
Chrysler MS-10850

I would have bought some except I still have a lot of the 0W-30 GC, and 5W-20 PP.

Mobil 1 0W-40 is on sale right now through the 28th at AA for 26.98 for 5 quarts and a Mobil 1 oil filter. Also at AutoZone through tomorrow for 25.99 with a Mobil 1 oil filter. EP and HM oils higher at AZ, but all same price at AA. Not a bad deal for M1.

I still have a large (stash) amount of both GC and PP, enough for three or four oil changes.

Because we don't drive the Continental very much, (only 4000 miles since last October with GC) we only change the oil in it once a year. Perhaps I will let it go for 10000 miles, have not decided yet. If the price of gas does not go much higher, we hope to take a trip with the Continental sometime in November, December or January and may wait to change at that time, probably with GC again.

The MKZ gets driven more often and the OCI is two or three times a year. Still have some PP 5W-20 while under warranty,

Once my "stash" is gone, I will worry about what oil to buy, but for now, I want to use up what I have.

Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
I would have bought some except I still have a lot of the 0W-30 GC, and 5W-20 PP.

I wouldn't admit that publically on this forum as you may get banned.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
I still have a large (stash) amount of both GC and PP, enough for three or four oil changes.

Once my "stash" is gone, I will worry about what oil to buy, but for now, I want to use up what I have.

3-4 OCI's a "stash"??? Now if you said 30 or 40 oil changes THAT would be a stash....I get nervous when my "stash" falls below 100 quarts. Then I break out in a cold sweat and start lurking at auto parts stores looking for another BOGO sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back