05 DMax 8K on sample Amsoil AME 15W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the latest UOA result for my '05 Duramax that just turned 100,000 as of yesterday. Enjoy.....

Iron-9
Chromium-0
Nickel-0
Aluminum-0
Copper-2
Lead-1
Tin-0
Cadmium-0
Silver-0
Titanium-0
Vanadium-0
Silicon-15
Sodium-0
Potassium-0
Molybdenum-0
Antimony-0
Manganese-0
Lithium-0
Boron-1
Magnesium-13
Calcium-3830
Barium-0
Phosphorus-1171
Zinc-1327

FUEL- SOOT- WATER- VIS 100d CELSIUS-14.1
TBN-10.4
OXIDA-38
NITRA-12
SEVERITY-0

NOTES-GREAT WEARING ENGINE. NO LUBE CHANGE REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. GO ANOTHER 7.5K AND RESAMPLE. Amsoil dual remote bypass installed.

Hope this wasn't too difficult to read.

Two figures that stood out for me......the very low wear metal numbers and the soot at
All the more impressive when compared to my UOA numbers which I posted for my 2006 Sierra 4.3l. And you have twice the miles on the oil when compared to mine at 3600 mi.

Sorry for the short info guys.....
beer3.gif
The oil is Amsoil Synthetic 15w-40 Diesel, miles on the sample was about 8k with some heavy towing, and the truck just turned 100k yesterday.....100,167 as we speak. I was pretty happy since the truck sees a lot of heavy use. I also run a dual bypass filtration system. The oil used to look black when I checked it, but now its more of a dark amber, if you can believe that. Anyways, thanks for the input.....looking forward to more.

Does look very good...with uoa's like that you should get the most out of your truck.

BYPASS FILTRATION! That explains soot at <.05%. I didn't think about bypass filtration and was wondering if an error was made with the soot number. After all we have all seen how quickly fresh oil becomes black in a diesel engine.

High TBN, low wear metals, especially copper for a gm vehicle. Silicon is a little high though and I would keep an eye on that. I'd agree that even with your heavy duty use the oil could go another 8k or more.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Looks really good. You can go longer - what time frame was this put on (how many months?) - mainly highway?

It was about a 6-7 month time frame with a mix between highway and city driving and around 50% heavy towing.

AME just gets it done....period! It's a rock solid synthetic and with bypass filtration you are going to be good to go for LONG drain intervals. I certainly love that TBN!

I got the 6 speed as sort of an accident. The truck was priced REALLY well due to the manual since everyone wants the Allison. I wouldn't trade it for anything. If I did a lot of city driving and less towing, I may want it, but for my conditions, it works very well. Anyhoo, back to the UOA thread before we get in trouble....
spankme2.gif
LOL.gif

Nope, didn't change it and don't plan to anytime soon......hopefully I'll get 20-25k out of it. That was my whole reason for the Bypass Filtration and synthetic oil use. I also hope to get 400k-500k out of the motor. We'll see!

always gotta be someone with something neg. to add to the good. look closely.....viscosity is there.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
The oxid is high if it is not a typo. Would have liked to see a viscosity number also.

Viscosity is 14.1 cSt. Dead nutzs. Starts at 14.2 cSt.

Without a baseline an oxidation number is fairly meaningless. Do you even know the scale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back