Refiner Insiders Buy Most Shares Since 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if refineries aren't at 100%, and there's still oil (i.e. noe of us haven't been able to buy a gallon, unlike the "Tickle me Elmo" crisis of a few years ago), what's this mean ?

the pea is about to be hidden under another shell, one that we've been distracted from for a while.

ASX reckons that 1 in 10 trades is from an insider basis...makes the market a sham.

The entire market isn't a sham and you know it.

One thing you should know (especially in your industry, although not directly related) - because you and others always pull the refinery capacity number out.....refineries are rarely if ever at 100%. It doesn't happen - especially in summer clean out season.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
The entire market isn't a sham and you know it.

One thing you should know (especially in your industry, although not directly related) - because you and others always pull the refinery capacity number out.....refineries are rarely if ever at 100%. It doesn't happen - especially in summer clean out season.

Pablo,

IMO, by the time the "independent" market realises stuff, it's a lay down. The money has been made, and a few carrion picking up the scraps may do better than another few carrion. By the time the swarm is on, it's too late.

But you are 100% about capacity. When you can make 100% plus during the day (although I've seen 102% capacity factor for 30 days), and can generally only sell 65% over night, then there's 15% at least "left over".

At least with petroleum (rather than electricity) you can build tanks as buffers/accumulators....and they are pretty cheap.

Quote:
At least with petroleum (rather than electricity) you can build tanks as buffers/accumulators....and they are pretty cheap.

You could always build acers and acers of lead acid batteries...
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back