Assault on servers??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there was a large orchestrated attack on some (many) interweb servers last night and today...causing constant hits on firewalls and necessitating constant DNS flushing???

What the talk on the back channels?

Originally Posted By: DNVDMAX
Yeah I think the playstation community took a direct hit and had some serious issues.

I think it's all the fault of the xbox users. They're just jealous of playstation because we have more game choices and are not controlled by Microsoft.

Microsoft sucks.

Windows Vista was supposed to start up from a cold boot in like 10 seconds. Yeah, right. And I'm a prospect in the next NBA draft.

I tried to download and install Vista SP1 for my computer, but it just got stuck on a black screen with an error code. 3 attempts, same problem. I had to do a system recover to revert it back to normal. Now when Windows tells me that SP1 is available as an update, I say NO.

Sorry to get off topic.

Attacks happen. Thus is the outernet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bob The Builder
Originally Posted By: DNVDMAX
Yeah I think the playstation community took a direct hit and had some serious issues.

I think it's all the fault of the xbox users. They're just jealous of playstation because we have more game choices and are not controlled by Microsoft.

The Playstation 3 has more games, since when?
wink.gif
The Xbox 360 has 494 games released & announced, The Playstation 3 has 367 games released & announced.

Gee this thread took a twist....maybe I should have posted it in the computer section.

The reason I brought it up in the first place - I've had some trouble, very intermittently getting to some sites since Friday evening. Common sites, too. (nothing wrong at the sites) Then I was having some email issues. Plus Network magic tells me my internet connection is down, yet it really isn't and I can surf BITOG. I tried most of the usual local stuff. No help.

So Saturday I call my provider and the guy tells me there have been some very recent viruses, starting Friday that attack some servers that don't attack locally - but rather send constant hits on users. Fills the DNS and errors start occurring. Clearing DNS does help. He said the virus had not even been named yet.....I dunno, maybe he was pulling my chain. I searched the net for info. No help.

Quote:
I've had some trouble, very intermittently getting to some sites since Friday evening.

Me too. Lots of "hanging" for me. Here ..ebay ..just about everywhere. It went away.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/29601

I didn't notice any slow down; It could be simply a problem with your ISP's DNS servers.

http://www.updatexp.com/dns-windows-xp.html

Looks complicated editing the registry; in linux the same thing can be accomplished with a text file.....
whistle.gif

I hope you noticed that the first link is from The Onion.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back