Bridgestone G109 grid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The G009 was a very weak sidewalled tire, single-ply, and spec'd a lot better than it felt. I would go for the G019, but for less money I can get a grippier tire that will last nearly as long. I just don't have much faith in the bridgestone lineup, but the RE960 is a good tire if you want a high po all-season. It's worth the extra money for Bridgestone's top technology.

I've been interested in getting these for my car based on what I see on Tirerack. I had never seen one 'in person' so to speak. Well today I saw some G019s on a parked car and decided that the tread grooves are too large. They didn't look like the picture. I would think that they were sure to be noisy. Large open aggressive treads usually are. That's why I never got the G009s. Grooves were too large. G019s are more of the same.

Originally Posted By: wbwanzer
Well today I saw some G019s on a parked car and decided that the tread grooves are too large. They didn't look like the picture. I would think that they were sure to be noisy. Large open aggressive treads usually are.

I'm not sure one can draw that conclusion. I had plenty of tires with wide grooves that were not noisy.

Originally Posted By: wbwanzer
I've been interested in getting these for my car based on what I see on Tirerack. I had never seen one 'in person' so to speak. Well today I saw some G019s on a parked car and decided that the tread grooves are too large. They didn't look like the picture. I would think that they were sure to be noisy. Large open aggressive treads usually are. That's why I never got the G009s. Grooves were too large. G019s are more of the same.

THese are the quitest tires I have owned. My Acura came with Mich. MX4 from factory and then I got the g009 and now just bought the Grid 109. They really are great tires.

Originally Posted By: gizzsdad
Originally Posted By: WishIhadatruck
I once bought a tire from Tire Rack that had rave reviews but were new to the market so nobody had them more than a few hundred miles. Everyone including me were complaining about noisy tires within months. Never again will I buy a new model tire. Wait for a bunch of reviews with 30-50k miles on them or buy something else.

Just curious - those wouldn't have been Avon's would they?

They were Yokohama AVS dB 225/55R16.

Originally Posted By: 97 GTP
I have NEVER liked any GoodYear tire I have owned. I have gone through many different tires in my years of driving. Maybe things have changed in the past 15 years since I last tried a GoodYear, but I won't know.

Any Goodyear that I've gotten as an OEM I did NOT like. Any Goodyear I've bought that was one of their better tires I've had good luck with.

Unhappy: Eagle GA and Eagle LS

Happy: Eagle Aquatreads, Eagle HP, Eagle GT-HR

Well the Triple Treads are mounted, balanced, and have served well for 250 miles. They're sure quieter than the B/S Potenza 950s they replaced. 40k on a high performance tire to me is good service, though, so no complaints or unfair comparisons. My wife likes the "cushy" ride as she call it. We'll see how these do in the wet and snow.
BTW - I checked the Mich Exaltos for my Jetta and they look like a good candidate!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back