Anyone try CMH Industries Fuel Additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be a little wary of this stuff. It is chucked full of thousands of parts per million of sulfur and calcium. It more resembles a concentrated motor oil additive package than a fuel supplement. Sulfur and calcium have no benefit in your fuel system and can actually leave harmful ash that will cause combustion chamber build-up. I've seen one recent example of spark plug contamination and fouling from a guy in Minnesota who used CH-40. It was a horrendous sight. His diesel engine was toast after 25,000 miles of constant use with CH-40.

As far as legality goes, CH-40 is not EPA registered for on road use, nor is it approved for such. I got all kinds of evasive emails from their chemical "expert" who kept telling me it was safe and legal to use in fuels. However, his statements were in direct contridiction to EPA guidelines for fuel additives. Any fuel additive for on road vehicles CAN NOT have a higher sulfur content than the raw fuel itself...and I mean the raw fuel. The EPA does not take into account whether you dilute the fuel additive or not. ALL additives approved for on road fuel use MUST comply with a very low sulfur number, as low or lower than the fuel you buy from gas stations. For diesel fuel that number is
The sulfur limits I am citing originate in the USA "Tier 2" emission standards for cars and light trucks under the Clean Air Act. In 2004 the average concentration of sulfur in gasoline was established to be

You can gamble with using this stuff on your farm equipment, but if your auto manufacturer ever found out you added it to your "on road" car or truck...they'd void your warranty is a heartbeat.

This is another example of those "come out of the woodwork" elixirs that show up when fuel prices rise. I've read all the technical hype on this additive, and it is the same old stuff that has been around since 1940...."catalyzes fuel for better combustions...ect". Buyer beware....there are no magic bullets out there to increase fuel economy. Just overly-hyped products that prey on our gullibility.

"If pigs could fly-then CH-40 I'd buy!"

Mikey B.
Gas Chromotography Chemist
1985 Yamaha VMAX X1200
1993 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L

Last edited:
It does not matter. 131 does not meat the EPA sulfer deal either.....as noted on the bottle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back