Netflix Instant watch / IE Active X enabling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
so here's the thing:

I use FF, and not IE normally.

I want to watch some movies on Netflix "watch instantly".
This can only be done on IE, and only after allowing Active-X.
Netflix advices you on how to turn "active X" on, etc.

If I "allow" active-X to run on IE while watching the movie, can I turn it back off?
If yes, how does one do it? where does one go, and what does one do exactly?

has any of you done this? (watched movies on Netflix?)
---------------------------------------
THIS IS FROM THE NETFLIX FAQ:

ActiveX and the Netflix Movie Viewer

Q:How do I enable ActiveX controls for the Netflix Movie Viewer?

A:The Netflix movie viewer enables you to watch movies instantly on your Windows PC.
The movie viewer requires installation of a few ActiveX controls (small programs that add features to your browser).

When you first install the movie viewer, you'll usually be prompted via a dialog box or a yellow bar at the top of your browser window to allow these ActiveX controls to run. Click "Yes" to allow the ActiveX controls to be installed.

If you don't see those messages and can't install the movie viewer, you may need to change a setting in Internet Explorer. To do so:

Select Tools: Manage Add-ons from Internet Explorer's menus; you'll see a list of add-ons
Find RMGetLicense class in the list (you may need to switch to "Add-ons that have been used by IE" in the drop down)
Change the setting for that add-on to Enabled if it is disabled, then click OK
Close your browser, then open it again and return to the Netflix site and click to Play a movie. The installation should proceed normally at that point.

Last edited:
yeah you can turn it Back off as described. There's an enable and disable radio buttons under tools, internet options, programs, manage add-ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back