Various Gumout Products info/insight requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,

I was wondering if you gurus can provide some info/insight on the various Gumout products listed below.

Now, I currently use Regane (bought a bunch when the store had it priced incorrectly at $2.99) and feel it is a fine product (butt dyno as well as non-scientific gas mileage comparison a few tank fulls before and after treatment.

Anyways, looking at the gumout website, I see several products which, to me, seems to serve the same function but of course in different bottles. On the surface they all seem to have the same mission...to clean intake valves, combustion chambers, and fuel injectors. Can anyone provide some info/insight on the following products:

1)Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner
2)High Mileage Complete Fuel System Cleaner
3)Large Vehicle Complete Fuel System Cleaner (same as Regane but in a larger bottle?)
4)All-in-one Complete Fuel System Maintenance

And, yes, I have done a search but did not find too much information on the comparison of the above products.

Thanks and keep up the good work guys (and gals).

IMO, the only products that are worth it in their line in the Regane and the Large Vehicle Complete Fuel System Cleaner. Both are polyether amine(PEA) based cleaners with a great reputation.

The others normally use "detergent" cleaners that never seemed to help my cars. I have used them all. Only the regane and LVCFSC made any difference.

I agree 100% with psudaytona.

1. REGANE
2. Large Vehicle Complete Fuel System Cleaner

Forget all the rest of the Gumout line, especially the little white bottles.

I might also add IMHO for off the shelf fuel additives, and some speciality additives, you would be hard pressed to find a better product than REGANE.

Last edited:
Regane Complete FSC (clear yellow bottle) is the only over the counter cleaner that I've ever found effective to the point that I could feel the results in drivability. I don't use it anymore since I feel Amsoil's PI is more effective ..but that doesn't discount the benefits of Regane. I never notices squat with Techron or Seafoam other than, perhaps, knock reduction.

Originally Posted By: Johnny

1. REGANE

I might also add IMHO for off the shelf fuel additives, and some speciality additives, you would be hard pressed to find a better product than REGANE.

May be Shell V-Power Complete Fuel System Cleaner?
grin2.gif

1. REGANE

I agree as well, but I seem to have better seat-of-the pants results from Regane than the large vehicle complete fuel system cleaner. I know the MSDS shows both have roughly the same amount of PEA’s in them. When I use a bottle of Regane, I can feel the difference it makes, but not so much with the large vehicle cleaner. Totally unscientific, of course, and relying entirely on the good ‘ol butt dyno, but there it is.

I have had good results with Shell V-Power as well.

Originally Posted By: kang

1. REGANE

I agree as well, but I seem to have better seat-of-the pants results from Regane than the large vehicle complete fuel system cleaner. I know the MSDS shows both have roughly the same amount of PEA’s in them. When I use a bottle of Regane, I can feel the difference it makes, but not so much with the large vehicle cleaner. Totally unscientific, of course, and relying entirely on the good ‘ol butt dyno, but there it is.

I assume you mean the additive in the bottle and not the gas when you talk about V power?

Originally Posted By: mikered30
Originally Posted By: kang

1. REGANE

I assume you mean the additive in the bottle and not the gas when you talk about V power?

Actually, both. My car runs well on it, and the additive in the bottle seems to work well (via seat-of-the-pants).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back