Need immediate opinions - Nitto's or Revo's??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discount tire called and said they had a set of Nitto Terra Grabbers sitting in stock for my Rodeo, whereas the Revo's are on order for another week.

I've researched as much as I can, and I'm stuck between both. Anyone have experiences/know of anyone that can vouch for either?

Both are excellent in rain, snow, ice, mild-offroading as far as A/T's are concerned from what I've read, but I'm not sure which one to go with...any help is appreciated, I need the highest one available for traction purposes on my 4x2 Rodeo in Colorado's winter....I've never gotten stuck by the way, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Thanks!

Again, know nothing about the Nitto's, the Revo's are on our work truck. In general they've been good. I had to take the truck out on a 140 mile road trip this winter at the tail end of a storm, some expressway, some city, some two-track dirt roads. Did the whole trip in 4WD as the two times I went into 2WD the rear tires spun. This is a F-150 RWD pickup.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
REVOS!!!

Can I ask what your experience is with the revo's?? What kind of terrain, did your mileage suffer?

I had the revos on my 2003 1500HD. These were the best tires on snow and ice that I have ever had. The also did great on dry pavement and did not wear very fast either.

Originally Posted By: Ramblin Fever
Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
REVOS!!!

Can I ask what your experience is with the revo's?? What kind of terrain, did your mileage suffer?

I can't speak for Al, but my terrain is sub zeros winters with a lot of snow and some ice. Off-road down logging trails, packed with ice in the winter and mud in the spring. When it's dry, around town and highway trips of at least 200 miles. I even drove it to Texas and New Mexico last February and they handled well on that trip and I did not notice to much noise. As for as gas mileage, the only way I get better gas mileage is to leave it parked.

Thanks greatly for the replies, keep em coming.

I don't believe that I'll lose mpg, as I'm coming off from a D-ply onto a 6-ply perhaps.

Ok...Rodeo now has her set of Revo's too.

Truck went from riding gawd awful with the Yokohama's to riding really smooth - for a truck - and lighter on her feet, if you will.

I now longer believe it needs new shocks now, I actually wonder if the Yokohama's were bad internally, as they made this truck ride like a horrible tank! It was BAD! Bad vibration, thudding, and rattling your teeth out effect!

Switched to Revo's in the same size, and LT tires too, truck now feels like it has all new suspension parts!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back