Super Tech Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the price, $.88/qt, it does quite well in UOAs! I've used it with fine results. Certainly there is better, but it will cost more. I finally came to senses with spending $.34/qt more for Phillips 66 Trop Artic ($1.12), which is mostly group III with a good/new additive package. Valvoline All-Climate at $1.69+/qt would be a somewhat equal brand name comparison, which I myself would still use Super Tech over it if price was equal. But again, for the price, I think the Super Tech has shown itself well.

quote:

Originally posted by DSteven:
I finally came to senses with spending $.34/qt more for Phillips 66 Trop Artic ($1.12), which is mostly group III with a good/new additive package.

This is the bottom line.

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
1) Average
2) As good as any Group III synthetic, if not better--consindering the price.

#2. I'm not trying to be controversial. We know that the Super-Tech synthetic is lower priced, but I don't think it has been determined that it is as good as....other premium priced syns that happen to have a large Gp III component.

I've not seen evidence that while it's labelled full synthetic, it outperforms well additized, cheaper GPII+ dino's and Blends.

No flames.

I hate to sound like "me too" but I think Haley hit it right on the head.
I can think of well-proven blends costing less. I can think of Mobil 1, which is only only SLIGHTLY more if you have a coupon.
I would never be tempted to use Supertech synthetic. It's group III, and we've got no evidence it's a high performer. Until someone does something fancy and posts the evidence, I'll either buy something cheaper or something provably good. At $3/qt I'd like some UOAs to back up the verbiage on the bottle.

If you wonderful BITOG folks would be willing to pool the cash together & pay for the oil, filter & the UOA, I'd be willing to do a 5k run of the Super-Tech Synthetic in my '00 VW GTI 1.8L Turbo & post the results.
smile.gif

There's a couple UOA's of the ST "full" synth, one of almost 7K in a 3.0L V6 Ranger.

Heck, for $2.36/qt in the 5qt jugs, it's the same price, or less, as most any blend oil nowadays. I've never seen the jug price above $11.95. Great deal.

I wouldn't hesitate to use the synth for 7000 miles (if I couild avoid the urge to leave it in that long).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back