BP Invigorate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, just wondering what's up with the new BP gas? It's been out for maybe a month around here. It's called Invigorate. It appears to come in all grades of gasoline. I can't tell, really, if it's doing anything or not. Maybe better gas mileage compared to Texaco with Techron.

What's the deal with it compared to Techron or V-Power?

I see that the top grade has more additive than the lower grades. That is BPs way of getting me to spend more $$ and get less fuel for my $$.

From a older thread I posted in...

FWIW, BP is test-marketing a improved fuel that surpasses even the "Top-Tier" standards across all grades.
http://www.bpinvigorate.com/

Is BP gasoline with Invigorate Top Tier?

BP does not participate in the Top Tier program. BP believes that consumer interests are best served when the automotive and oil industries work cooperatively to determine the optimal mix of vehicle hardware and fuel standards.

We believe our new gasoline offer is unique and all grades of BP gasoline with Invigorate exceed the Top Tier requirements with respect to detergent additive content.
///

Here's a response to a e-mail I sent to BP if the gas sold in NY-metro area has Invigorate...

Dear Mr. ....,

Thank you for your interest in BP Gasoline with Invigorate! At this
time, gasoline sold at BP stations in the New York metro area does not
contain the Invigorate additive. We are currently pilot testing our new
offer in several markets in Wisconsin, Virginia and Georgia. We are
optimistic that the pilot tests will be successful and we will then
begin to roll out BP Gasoline with Invigorate to our other markets.

Unfortunately, it is still too early to be able to communicate the
details of our broader roll out schedule at this time.

Kind Regards,
BP US Fuels Marketing

Edited by Drew2000 (10/30/07 03:47 AM)

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I see that the top grade has more additive than the lower grades. That is BPs way of getting me to spend more $$ and get less fuel for my $$.

Most gasoline marketers use a better/stronger detergent package in their premuim range.

Shell 87 and 89 have double the EPA detergency requirements, Shell's premium has 5 times the minimum.

So 87 BP exceeds top tire requirements by ?? Shell and Texaco/Chevron lower grades exceed top tier requirements by 2X. BPs generalized statements are no more than PR at this point.

Amoco (BP) was/is highly regarded for their gasoline quality. Ford recomends BP fuels in part due to thier consistancy and quality from refinery to station pump. I would use Amoco Fuels (BP) without hesitation.

Drew

Well, I'm from Tennessee, and nearly all BP's have this new Invigorate.

I don't like the BP in Rogersville, TN, but all the other BP's give me noticeable good mileage and performance.

As of today, I stopped by my BP in Minnesota, and saw the signage all changed now from last week to BP with Invigorate! I will test it out and see

Any more info on "Invigorate" ?? We have it here in Mn.

Additive pack info would help...

There was Invigorate in South Caroline when I was there two weeks ago. I used it for about 800 miles of driving and I did not notice any change from other top tier gas brands, nor should I have. Use FP+ or RLI's Fuel Additive along with a top tier gas if you are looking to use the best fuel blend reasonably possible.

Just got a few gallons of bp to top off my tank before they raise the prices for the weekend i don't expect it to do anything..

Ok Boys and Girls, here is the BP Invigorate info.......

"Cleans, Protects, Younger for Longer"

From the "Classroom"

Think molecules for a moment. Invigorate is an advanced formula contained in BP gasoline that helps to clean and protect your engine, so it can run younger for longer™.

All three grades of BP gasoline with Invigorate are even better than before, offering enhanced cleaning and protection for your engine. A cleaner engine leads to better driveability - smoother acceleration and less hesitation.

Amoco Ultimate® with Invigorate is still the best of all our gasoline grades, with the highest level of Invigorate for enhanced engine performance.

Want to help your car run younger for longer?

-----------------------

Amoco Ultimate® with Invigorate is BP's premium fuel with the highest level of cleaning and protection from deposits, sludge and corrosion. Engine clean up begins with the very first tank. For vehicles that can benefit from premium fuel, Amoco Ultimate's high octane delivers more power and quicker response.

Amoco Ultimate with Invigorate has been specially formulated to remove existing deposits and keep engines clean.

------------------------

Amoco Ultimate® with Invigorate has the highest level of detergency of all BP gasoline. The unique formula begins working immediately helping to clean away deposits which may build up on vital engine parts. It also helps protect against new deposits, sludge and corrosion.

A cleaner engine means:

More performance, less pollution™
Smoother acceleration
Less hesitation
Restored fuel economy

Research shows that cars with fewer valve deposits run better. They deliver smoother acceleration with less hesitation.

In new cars, Amoco Ultimate® with Invigorate keeps deposits from forming and maintains peak performance.

--------------------

A few FAQ's on the site...

Corrosive fuel

Under certain circumstances, small amounts of active sulfur compounds can occasionally remain in the fuel. These compounds can be corrosive in nature and lead to corrosion problems in vehicle fuel systems when present. BP gasoline with Invigorate contains a corrosion-inhibitor designed to protect the fuel system from these corrosive compounds.

---------------------

Sludge:

Engine sludge appears as a thick, dark substance typically seen in oil-wetted engine areas such as the valve deck and oil pan. Most engines are operated under conditions favorable for sludge formation. The amount of sludge can be influenced by several factors including the fuel. BP gasoline with Invigorate is formulated to help protect against sludge formation.

------------------

Top Tier?

Is BP gasoline with Invigorate Top Tier
BP does not participate in the Top Tier program. BP believes that consumer interests are best served when the automotive and oil industries work cooperatively to determine the optimal mix of vehicle hardware and fuel standards.

We believe our new gasoline offer is unique and all grades of BP gasoline with Invigorate exceed the Top Tier requirements with respect to detergent additive content.

http://www.bpinvigorate.com/

How can a fuel prevent sludge formation? That claim smells fishy to me.

Last edited:
Since Arco is now owned by BP, would it's gas contain Invigorate? Not trying to hijack the thread, but we don't have Amoco stations here in SoCal, but we do have Arco, so MAYBE Arco, which used to "arguably" be [censored] gas, is now a "sleeper" with the Invigorate additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back