Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have bought last thursday.
mad.gif
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: TheLoneRanger
GE's CEO bought 3.5M worth of GE stock yesterday.
Nothing like putting your money where your mouth is......

only to have said stock be boosted by people thinking that is a great place to invest as the CEO is doing it, they will too...

Kinda like close to insider trading in reverse
happy2.gif

Announcement the other day that they reckon 10% of trades in Oz stock market are by people who have some level of inside information not available through announcements and public information.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Bought some RMA & RHY this morning...

Picked up a 1000 shares of RSF on the dip today. 27% yield. What the heck.....$3000 bucks in, $900/year. Whatever.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Bought some RMA & RHY this morning...

Picked up a 1000 shares of RSF on the dip today. 27% yield. What the heck.....$3000 bucks in, $900/year. Whatever.

Bought more RMA & RHY on the dip today. I'm all in for now.

All in?

Yikes - I'm sitting on a mound of cash waiting for this biach to melt down. I did buy 200 shares of PSQ at the peak today.

My nuke stuff is up more than a me in a cat house.

Hey!

Keep one eye on AMD here and there. Not telling anyone to enter just letting you know the grill may be ready sometime in the future to throw some of the meat on.

Side note. I was reading through this thread to about early 2006, wow! It is an eye opener going back, and then seeing what has happened.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Announcement the other day that they reckon 10% of trades in Oz stock market are by people who have some level of inside information not available through announcements and public information.

Shannow, I would not be surprised. Not one bit.

You can also make your own luck.

Do you know this clown? He's a very wealthy one.

jim-rogers.jpg

After many "guest industry analyst" segments on FNN ..bolstering the notion that "no one wins a trade war" in attempting to stay off any intense lobby for trade sanctions against Japan, he made a bundle after the yen doubled. He wanted the flow of $$ to continue as he soaked up cheap yen.

Listening to a guy in currency about trade issues. He was a hired and self hired gun.

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
That's the only way to make money, other than being lucky. You have to have better information than the rest, or get it sooner.

Sure I'm lucky.

My advice, start saving young. Invest 90% in 2X (200%/ultra) long ETF's. Use the rest for learning about the market, sucking up knowledge and investing in good companies or at least companies that reward the shareholders. Talk to me about luck in 20-30 years.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: oilyriser
That's the only way to make money, other than being lucky. You have to have better information than the rest, or get it sooner.

Sure I'm lucky.

My advice, start saving young. Invest 90% in 2X (200%/ultra) long ETF's. Use the rest for learning about the market, sucking up knowledge and investing in good companies or at least companies that reward the shareholders. Talk to me about luck in 20-30 years.

that's all it takes really... investing regularly and from early on. the earlier the better. I only have small, small amounts and only really started in my mid twenties, I never had a clue before that. My kids will start at 10, 15... putting their McD paycheck to investing rather than blowing it. I hope...

Karma will get those inside traders...

seen my ownership of a very few of BHP.AX shares vary from -20% to +25% since january, and wildly in between, i'll just stay put for the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back