ZDDPlus zinc oil additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought some ZDDPlus to add to my next oil change in my 72 LT-1 Corvette. It says it has twice the zddp that GM EOS (discontinued)had. Anyone tried this yet? They say that 4 oz brings the oil up to .15% just like the old days.

I've blown 2 new flat tappet engines recently ('68-Z28), and have found a lot of information on the EPA's new ZDDP levels, oil companies misleading labels, and the CAM manufacturers move to Mexico a few years ago.
After all the research, I ordered some ZDDPlus (last week) and plan to change my oil (with ZDDPlus), this weekend.
I was planning on sending in 4 samples to have be tested, but now I'm hearing those labs are a scam??

I've tried several searches on this site and was surprised to find only one thread on the subject of ZDDPlus.

I would love to hear from BITOG or other opinions on the ZDDPlus product.

Quote:
but now I'm hearing those labs are a scam??

Help me out here ..what do you mean ..or rather ..what did you hear (read I assume)?

As far as boosting ZDP/ZDDP ..just don't over do it. If you don't have really high spring rates, there's no big deal, imo (which when added to just a bit over a dollar may buy you a cup of coffee in a leading retail outlet specializing in such things).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back