AEM DRYFLOW cleaning???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an AEM DRYFLOW filter and I can't get the cleaning solution locally, have to order it on the web. Just wondering if there is something else I can safely use to clean it with,like some sort of mild detergent?

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
I have an AEM DRYFLOW filter and I can't get the cleaning solution locally, have to order it on the web. Just wondering if there is something else I can safely use to clean it with,like some sort of mild detergent?

What kind of Dryflow? If it is a panel or OEM replacement filter, you can use Simple Green all purpose spray cleaner (or something similar) as directed by the AEM website.

If it is a cone filter for an aftermarket intake, then I'm guessing you could use Simple Green, but the AEM website does not mention alternatives as they do for the panel filters.

It's a cone filter on an aftermarket intake, I checked the website before I posted and couldn't find where AEM listed any alternative cleaning solutions for a panel or cone type filter??

Thanks for the link, I suppose not mentioning the simple green for the conical filter was just an oversight, I'm pretty sure they are made from the same material..

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
Thanks for the link, I suppose not mentioning the simple green for the conical filter was just an oversight, I'm pretty sure they are made from the same material..

That is my thoughts too, but I have learned never to assume anything. There is one difference in the fact that the conical filter needs to be submerged instead of just sprayed and rinsed. I dont know if that makes a difference or not.

I use laundry detergent on mine. Think about it, it's a synthetic non-woven (polyester) media with mostly organic soils. What is a good laundry detergent made to clean: fabrics (including synthetic fabrics), and especially organic stains. I do use a perfume free detergent like Tide Free liquid. Tide seems to be a great cleaner overall.

Originally Posted By: badbrad358
I use laundry detergent on mine. Think about it, it's a synthetic non-woven (polyester) media with mostly organic soils. What is a good laundry detergent made to clean: fabrics (including synthetic fabrics), and especially organic stains. I do use a perfume free detergent like Tide Free liquid. Tide seems to be a great cleaner overall.

Have you verified the rinsing ability? Have you verified the effects of any non-rinsed detergent drying on the media?

Have you tried something like Joy dishwashing liquid that works well on other synthetic filters? It has been factory tested by other labs to rinse away better than other liquid detergents/soaps for a safer wash. It supposedly makes a fantastic filter cleaner for those that allow dish soap.

Last edited:
What do you guy's think about using Woolite to clean the filter? It says it has no bleach, phosphates or enzymes? I read HERE (near the bottom)where AEM used several things to clean the filter, even some harsh solvents and had the filter retested?

I've not verified the rinsing ability by a scientific test, no. But, laundry detergent is made to rinse through the fabrics in a rinse cycle, I'm sure the garden hose rinse works just fine. Also, if laundry detergent doesn't hurt more delicate clothing fabrics when dried on them I'm sure it won't hurt this media after what AEM's torture test showed.

BTW, Joy would probably be fine, I just prefer perfume free as perfumes are typically some of the harshest ingredients in detergents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back