Has your ebay transaction count/score jumped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see any announcements, but I went from 83 to 93 (apparently) overnight. I can't imagine having ..hmm..well, maybe I can see having enough multiple transactions with the same seller.

I guess they changed the way that they tab it up. It used to be only unique transactions that counted toward your score.

I loathe their 'help center'. I did manage to find my way back to the section of the message board to get the answers that I sought. There seems to be "ebay message board trolls of distinction" that appear to like to tell noobs how idiotic they are ..stuff like that.

I'll check tonight.....interesting. I'm sure Paypal got their superior customer abuse policies from eBay!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: John_K
Yes, they've changed the way the figure it. You should have gotten a message from Ebay about it.

John

Probably did ..but it got trash canned with the daily notifications that I didn't need to see ..and the redundant "pay now" notice for an auction that I paid 30 sec. after the ending (where the Paypal confirmation beat the "pay now" notification). They could have used the economy of just putting a "new rating method" link/popup like they have for the % rating. They used to have an explanation why the number DID NOT add up.

I still want to get a swipe at the pansy that came up with the new aqua-pastel color scheme and the new search options. Some things are easier ..many things are more frustrating. I didn't not perceive it as something broken in need of a remedy. I love change for the sake of itself.

Mine was 556, now it's 587. I see my 12 month + rating is 98.4% because someone left me one neutral feedback a few months ago, because he was leaving blanket feedbacks for his items.

I still consider myself to have 100% + feedback. Been that way for 7yrs :)

Transaction count score? I have no idea what that is. I have been a member for maybe 5 years and have made a couple dozen purchases in that time. Guess I don't spend any time exploring around my account space on ebay.

they changed the feedback system all of a sudden. I'm a regular seller w/ an eBay store and I don't remember being told about this. my score went up to 1236 from 1130-something. the WORST part is my rating went DOWN to 99.7% from 99.9%! actually, worse than that STILL is seller can NO LONGER LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. I don't know if I'm too happy about this. they claim it will encourage buyers to be more 'honest' w/o fear of reprisal.

whatever. I no longer feel any motive for leaving feedback at all. for a seller, what's the point?

Quote:
worse than that STILL is seller can NO LONGER LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

Wha
54.gif
What's you choices, neutral or positive?

I would hope that you're able to respond to negative feedback. I look at most vendors for how they handle botched sales. Some high volume guy who has, like yours, a 99.xx% rating ...but every one of his neg's are responded to with "freaking ebay loser!! Deadbeat!! Troll!" ..then I really don't care to deal with them. The one's that respond "attempted to resolve to no avail, refunded money" looked a whole lot better to me
21.gif

Originally Posted By: mpvue
whatever. I no longer feel any motive for leaving feedback at all. for a seller, what's the point?

I agree, I won't leave feedback anymore either. I think all the angry sellers should get on this bandwagon and help change ebay's mind. If you check the ebay forums everybody is *issed about this change but obviously ebay has selective hearing.
smirk2.gif

One thing ebay needs to do is deal with sellers who have literally hundreds of negatives, yet keep selling. Shouldn't they be banned after 20 or so?

Ebay is totally NUMB to feedback. The system makes too much money too easily for them. Now that they're on the hindside of the profit curve (the comparative "losing money" -aka: we only had 3/4 the profit from last year with 5 times the throughput)...they're continuing to use their traditional model and just tweak it in all the wrong places. They're just as deaf as they always were.

You really want to be in the meetings with a baseball bat ...

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
You really want to be in the meetings with a baseball bat ...

You got an address?
06.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back