Lube Control FP Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the process of keeping a really detailed fuel log on my wife's 2001 Explorer 4.0 to see if there are any mpg benefits. The first thing I noticed with it is a smoother idle in park, which was always a little shaky. The idle in drive was always smooth so I just figured it was an engine design thing. It averages 19.92 mpg now, I'll keep you posted.

I have possibly seen a 1 mpg improvement in my Subaru since I started using this product. I say "possibly" because at the same time I have also done some fuel system parts replacements that may be responsible for my mileage improvement.

Seems like over the past yr or 2, fewer people are using LubeControls products. Or No one within this board is taking about it like they used too. Maybe since the price increase fewer are. I used both LC20 and FP60 for 2 or 3 yrs. I myself never really found a mpg increase. {But}-->I never really expected to. I bought the products to help keep my fuel system and motor clean, and extend my OCI with LC20.

Sure miss those Discount codes for loyal customers.

I just received a gallon of FP Plus today and am planning to use it in my '06 GTI as well. SyN, do you feel that the product helped keep your fuel system and engine clean? I also plan on using it in my motorcycles. Also, any suggestions on a dispenser? I think I am going to use an old Stabil bottle with the measuring cup in the neck of the bottle.

I still use LC and FP and they still give great results. 95% of their volume comes from fleets not from individuals that cruise message boards.

I would guess Auto-RX has a smaller fleet percentage.

I've used the FP3000, FP60,and LC20 regularly on 4 different vehicles (LC20 in only two), and haven't had a fuel issue for the last four years. Mileage dunno. Smooth idle and performance you bet. No "fuel injection service" needed.

I'm able to step down in Octane on my motorcycle when FP is in the tank. SO, I surmise it is helping a little in that department. I use it in my cars along with the cheapest gas I can find...I'm thinking I'm adding better additives than found at the better filling stations. I could be kidding myself.

Whatever.

I can tell you I'm averaging 26.7 mpg on my Gramp Marquis...at about 73 mph, 95% highway. If I keep it under 70, it creeps on up to nearly 28 mpg. I have a few tanks at just under 30 mpg...but, that doesn't really tell anything scientifically significant. I also don't have a noticeable mpg difference between gas that is labeled "10% ethanol". Don't know if that means anything, either!

I'll continue to use it.

Thanks for all comments so far. I'm listening (reading) and welcome more comments!

Does anyone know what the deal is about FP+ having soy in it? I drink soy milk. Does FP+ have soy milk in it? Just kidding about that but I would like to know what this soy ingredient is and does.

I've used both FP60 and FP Plus for about 75,000 miles. Yes, it raised my 25 mpg to 27 mpg, but the money saved in gasoline roughly equals the cost of the product. The reason I use it is because it's been an excellent fuel injector cleaner. It works so well, professional fuel injection cleaning hasn't been required for 75K miles. The engine runs smoother and maintains its power over time without any apparent penalty. It keeps an old engine feeling young.

Last edited:
I've just started using my "new" bottle of FP3000 I purchased a while back. Before that, I was using my first gallon of FP60 (which lasted about 2 years!).

I admit that my switch from FP60 to FP3000 probably took place at around the same time that winter gas phased out in my area. I have, however, noticed that my "maximum" fuel economy is notably increased versus FP60 in the previous two summer seasons.

My vehicle is not used for any daily commuting so looking at whole tank or "average" fuel economy is a difficult way to judge the effectiveness of products like FP. Sometimes my wife burns all the gas running errands. Sometimes I'm driving on road trips. Sometimes I'm doing all the running around and feeling "sporty" which obviously isn't good for "tank" mileage. My vehicle indicates a real time and resettable economy display. I have found, based on 7 years of driving this car, that my real time economy is substantially improved in steady-state conditions compared to FP60 or no additives. In a given situation (130kph, up an incline, maintaining speed, for instance) I've become accustomed to seeing certain real-time readings and they are significantly improved with FP3000. In fact, every time I glance at the real time (except bootin' up through the gears at high revs) they read better than I'm accustomed to seeing.

I'm using FP products mostly for cleanliness, but especially in these days I appreciate any increase in fuel economy. When I do embark on cruise-control highway trips, my "trip" economy is also great. I haven't had any truly rural (ie. 50-60mph) highway trips yet this season which is usually where my fuel economy goes through the roof. It is already substantially improved on my "interstate-class" highway trips (ie. 65-85mph).

In my case, my engine and software calls for 91 or 92 AKI. I've found in my area that Esso 91 gives both the best performance and fuel economy (both are important to me). I used FP60, now FP3000. I don't intend on dropping to 89 AKI (the lowest my engine allows) although I may be able to with FP. As I indicated, I am as concerned about performance as economy.

sorry guys i stopped using fuel products that comtain oil in them for i learned the hard way..i now use redline si-1 it is slippery and a detergent but has no oils in it..it never did make sense when oil burns dirties up everything.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JAG
Thanks for all comments so far. I'm listening (reading) and welcome more comments!

Does anyone know what the deal is about FP+ having soy in it? I drink soy milk. Does FP+ have soy milk in it? Just kidding about that but I would like to know what this soy ingredient is and does.

That'd be Soy JUICE, since Milk requires a teet. You can thank Louis Black for that insight.

I have been using LC and FP60 and FP3000 with good results. not really sure if there is an increase in mileage but the trucks run smoother and are burning clean for me. speaking of which I am going to place an order soon, do we have any coupon codes for this site currently?

I recall reading that FP3000 and FP+ were soy based, instead of petroleum based. This is the same as bio-diesel and I believe the Schaeffer's fuel treatment (?).

I'm not sure why this would be an problem for anyone. It's supposed to be more "green" as it is a renewable base.

Originally Posted By: Craig in Canada
It's supposed to be more "green" as it is a renewable base.

ya it's oil of soy. Auto-Rx itself is a dark oil semi translucient

I got the FP+. Did my first test on it...an unusual quicky test. I put some on a paper towel and wiped the outside of a teapot that had thick sticky (highly oxidized) cooking oil on it. Within a few seconds of wiping the deposits were dissolved and the area was "clean". I'm very impressed. I tried the same thing with vinegar, glass cleaner (containing ammonia), and a degreasing kitchen cleaner (orange kind). None of those could get it clean no matter how long I wiped it.

It will go in my VW tomorrow.

I've used the Lubecontrol products for years.

I think the fuel products improve mileage, provide smooth engine operation, keep things clean, add lubricity.

LC-20 seems to be every bit as good an oil additive as they claim...

Tough to beat the value of the Lubecontrol in gallon jugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back