Oil recommendation for Moto Guzzi V-Twin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Johnny
JosephH1, how many miles on your bike? It does not hold that much oil and you are going to be hard pressed to find a better oil than the Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50. I know a lot of Guzzi and Harley riders that have used this product for many years and many thousands of miles. Since first reading this post I have contacted two Guzzi dealers here in Wisconsin and am getting prices on a new California. Now I have the fever. If I get one I will be using this oil.

Sounds like you last rode back when I did. I haven't regretted for a minute getting my Harley back in Nov of 06. It's great to be back on a bike again.

Wish you lived closer so we could go riding together.
10.gif

You are correct. My last bike was a R100 BMW that I sold in 1989 just before I moved to Wisconsin and that was a dumb thing to do. The short riding season and deer is the only thing that has kept me away. If I lived where you do there would be a bike in my garage, and I would enjoy riding with you.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
You are correct. My last bike was a R100 BMW that I sold in 1989

I sold my last bike in 1982. It was a Honda CX500. Nice bike, but I like my Sportster better.
wink.gif

And if any of you are in the Niagara Falls area, we have some wonderful roads to ride in this area, with beautiful rivers lakes and gorges. You are most definitely welcome!
Now back to the oil discussion, another oil that has caught my interest is the Brad Penn products. The Racing and MC oil in 20w-50 seem to be strong offerings and I have a dealer in my area. I am just old enough to remember the Kendall GT-1 "green goo" and this is supposed to be an improved forumlation from the same wells and production facility.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JosephH1
Now back to the oil discussion, another oil that has caught my interest is the Brad Penn products. The Racing and MC oil in 20w-50 seem to be strong offerings and I have a dealer in my area. I am just old enough to remember the Kendall GT-1 "green goo" and this is supposed to be an improved forumlation from the same wells and production facility.

It is. Brad Penn oils are produced at the former Kendall refinery in Bradford, PA. About ten years ago the parent company of Kendall sold the rights to the name and was going to close the refinery. American Refining stepped in and bought the refinery and the oils produced there today are nothing more than current versions of the Kendall oils that have been made there for decades. Penn-Grade 1 is what GT-1 would be today if it were still branded as a Kendall product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back