Mobile 1 Racing 2T dicontinued what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Mobil 1 Racing 2T was discontinued in the fall of 2007, and there is no replacement for it in the Mobil 1 motorcycle oil product lineup."
I did not know this was going to happen. Does anyone have an opinion on what oil to use in the leaf blower and string trimmer now?

The MX2T was the old stuff and was replaced by the Racing 2T which has been discontinued. It was mainly designed for the racing 2 stroke motorcycles in Europe. Since we are now trying our best to kill off any 2-cycle engines in this country I would imagine their sales were down, so they stopped making it. That is a shame as it was a very good product.

oh that's right, I knew it was something like that but have slept since then.... dang, I'm down to the last 3/4 qt of racing 2T left, and I really do like that stuff.
This sucks.

Of course there's always Amsoil, but some of the products from traditional moto product manufactorers, like Bel Ray and Maxima deserve a good look. I like and have good luck with Bel Ray H1R. it is a bit more pricey that Racing 2T, but in the same league of performance.

FWIW: Today I put in a small order for Racing 2T at my local AutoZone. Check around, you may still be able to buy up left-over stock. Good Luck!

Didn't I read here that someone asked Mobil about shelf life of 2T and they indicated ONE YEAR? It was TWO YEARS at most. Not sure if I'll be able to find the reference...

Watch what, and how much, you buy....

Originally Posted By: Craig in Canada
Didn't I read here that someone asked Mobil about shelf life of 2T and they indicated ONE YEAR? It was TWO YEARS at most. Not sure if I'll be able to find the reference...

Watch what, and how much, you buy....

That was me who asked Mobil about the shelf life. Yes, they did tell me that the shelf life was one year - two years tops. But I'll tell you something:

I am still using from a case of the old Mobil MX2T in pints. I am guessing that it is about 4-5 years old. None of my 2 stroke engines are suffering any ill effects, smoke and odors from them are virtually non existant - even at start up. And when I come back in the house, my clothes don't smell like I spent an hour in a smoke house. For the record, I have two Lawn Boy 6 1/2HP Duraforce mowers (the most powerful 2 cycle mowers ever made), and a 5HP Suzuki powered Toro single stage snowblower.

So regarding shelf life - worry about more important things in life, like paying for car payments and mortgages.

I'm using the old mx2t also in my cr250 and it runs perfect. I probably have 75 hours on my piston and still lots of compression and power. Very good oil. I think i still have a complete case of 12 left. Glad i stocked up.

I sold my lawncare company over 3 years ago and always used the amsoil 100:1 products. I still have a couple of 2 cycle pieces left over and they still run like new (10+ years old now) all they have seen for over 8 years is the amsoil mix. The amsoil bottle I still have is over 4 years old and i don't hesitate to mix up another gallon as it requires no measuring (has graduated oz on the side) just mix a little in and i'm ready for another year.

Am now using 2T and will be stocking up as my local Advance still had some the other day. Sorry to hear it has been discontinued. :^(

Kenny <>{

If you can afford the price, Torco GP7 is very comparable to the Mobil MX-2T product. It's available at cycle shops or by mail-order.

On second thought, I may try the Pennzoil 2-Cycle for air cooled engines. I read online that it has a large following and a good reputation in the ultra-light aircraft market.

Kenny <>{

Call around.

My local AZ was packed to the hilt with the stuff. I counted 18 quarts on the display shelf and at least one full case on the bottom rack.

I went ahead and bought another bottle, which will probably last me 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back