Unbelievable Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
$1.42 australian per liter. at the independent down the road from me.

1 L = 0.264 Gallons
and $1.00 aus = $0.95 american

equals $5.11 per US gallon

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Southeastern CT $3.68/gal 87; $4.45 diesel.

The gas station has employed a full time person to work on the sign.

Here I see more and more electronic digital displays.
grin2.gif

(cropped cell phone pic)
2442162112_47865b84ac_o.jpg

$4.399 for 87
Drive a couple miles and its under $4. I can only think that they charge these prices b/c its one of the first exits on your way South through town, and the college is right there, so a lot of tanks get charged to Daddy's card.

We went up to $3.46 for 85 reg unleaded.

Sadly, $4 for reg unleaded by the end of May will happen...

We will never see below $3 a gallon in the off season ever again.

I'd be safe to say if we get to $3.50 we would be lucky on the off season.

I remember when I was young gas going from 19 cents to 22 cents a gallon my Dad going crazy....

Bill

Hi Bill,

I hear ya. It's getting crazy. 3.64 for regular unleaded up here in Northern Wisconsin. Thinking of experimenting with pumping up car tires to max pressure to eek out some more mpgs.

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Hi Bill,

I hear ya. It's getting crazy. 3.64 for regular unleaded up here in Northern Wisconsin. Thinking of experimenting with pumping up car tires to max pressure to eek out some more mpgs.

Don't think, do. So many people on the 6 o'clock news thinking of trading in their guzzlers. Take action!

Shoot, pump up other peoples' tires at the park and ride, movie theater, wherever!
grin2.gif

At Orlando International Airport, when you return your rental car, you can enjoy the gas prices at the station across from the Hertz rental car return entrance.

Since the station has no price banner, I had to take a picture of the pump:

gasatmco.jpg

Wow, I am very surprised that our gas in WI is that close to California's prices. I figured it would be at least .25 difference. We have really high taxes in this state in general though.

That sucks.
mad.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Patman
Our price here this morning at 99% of our stations is 115.2 cents per liter, which works out to $4.36 per gallon. My car uses 94 octane, which costs $4.89 per gallon right now!

Our price in Edmonton (Canada's oil drilling/refining capital) is just over $1.20/L or $4.56ish/U.S. gal.

Most of you guys in the States have it "made in the shade" compared to us.

And remember, Canada is oil self sufficient, unlike you corn burning Americans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back