Best Oil for 300ZX TT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had my Z's engine rebuilt with a lot of extra tweaks in the internals along with larger turbos. I've just finished what would be considered the break-in period using non synthetic oil. My first synthetic oil of choice would be Motul based on high praise I've heard over the years on their product. Only now is it available locally so my car got it's first Synthetic injection of Motul 5W40.
I hear so many other Z owners advocating AMSOIL or Mobil1 and perhaps it's because they're US based.
Have I made a good choice?

Yes Motul do make high quality products. What synthetic of theirs are you using? I'd suggest their 300V line if you plan to track/drive the car hard on a regular basis. I believe Motul is a bit more expensive in the US so you'd have to weigh up the advantages vs M1/Amsoil.

Mobil 1 0w-40 in winter and 10w-40 Hi-Miles in summer. German Syntec. Any 5w-40 will do well too, like Rotella Synth. Since you are in Canada, why not look at the Esso XD-3 0w-40? Price is right and it's top-notch.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Man you have a TT,I`m jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had the money thats the first thing I'd get. Your 300xz isnt shabby either. I used to sell them and even the non turbo automatics were a blast to drive.
19.gif

"Mobil 1 15W50 silver cap"

Can't get M1 15W-50 in Canada, you have to go with M1 5W-50. But I've heard these two products are very, very similar....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back