Techron Concen. & 1/2 Bottle P.I. & Seafoam inject

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my '03 GMC Sierra 5.3L with 126,000 miles, I am gonna put in a bottle of Techron Concentrate (12 gal. treatment) & a 1/2 bottle of Amsoil P.I. in a 1/2 tank of gas, which is about 13 gallons. Sound OK??

Then in a day or two, pour 1/3 bottle Seafoam in the Power Brake Booster.

After that, I'll change out the PP & put in a one time change to Q Torque Power I got cheap. Then go back to my PP or ASL routine after that...
thumbsup2.gif

The engine is running a tiny bit rough at idle, mileage is not up where it should be (about 16-17 now) and when I pulled my boat yesterday, I was only getting 10 MPG, which I usually get 12 MPG pulling the boat. I am gonna pull the boat about 550 miles this coming weekend & more after that...

I do have the original Spark Plug wires in it and should probably change them with Jegs (?).

The Iridium Plugs have about 45k on them.

One forward & one rear O2 Sensor have been replaced.

Sound good??

Chemical plan sound OK??

Anything else??

Two different products, mixed together, in only a half tank of fuel?

I personally wouldn't do that.

I'd skip the Techron and head straight for the Amsoil, or Redline if you can find it. Use either at full strength in a full tank of fuel. Maybe even do consecutive doses of both products and skip the Seafoam. The PEA based cleaners in tank will clean out the system better IMO. Redline even says the solvents they use (I'm assuming the PEA) survive combustion and work their way through the EGR system and PCV system, cleaning out both.

FWIW, Redline absolutely gives the best affect on my little pinger. My car consumes oil through the PCV system and it pings like a mother on hot days. Redline stops it for at least half the summer.

Last edited:
Can't get Redline anywhere around here.

I only have a 1/2 bottle of P.I., so it is not enough, that is why I wanna put it in with the Techron. What else am I gonna do with it?

Maybe just the Techron, but that is only a 12 gal. max treatment though....... I think this thing is carboned up quite a bit...

Hummm.....

Also consider Gumout Regane. Has PEA.

But if you already have the Amsoil and the Techron, use them.

Maybe do the Amsoil in only half a tank of fuel.

I have 4 cans of Seafoam, the Techron & the P.I., so I'd like to use those before I buy anymore...

Also, after this treatment, I will be putting in 92 Octane Non-Oxy Gas for a tank or two...

Maybe Pablo or some Chemists can chime in on the Chemical mixture treatment.....

cheers3.gif

So, unless I hear any serious objections, it's all goin' in.

My plugs are Iridium, but since the wires are Original, I should probably change them.

Update:

I had to drive ~25 miles after adding the PI & Techron mixture and noticed more snappieness and the Instant MPG went from 16-17 at 65 MPH tp 18-20 MPG at 65 MPH !!!!

Either the injectors were clogged or something else, but it's working already...........
grin2.gif

Would resetting the ECM (disconnecting the battery for 10 min...) do anything here...?

Went through 1/4 tank of th5 1/2 tank treatment & poured Seafoam in the vacuum brake booster last night...

Results:

Getting 23 MPG at 60 MPH with no wind & flat road!!

Engine runs smoother!

The spunkiness is back!

Elated with the results & wanted to let you all know it is much better.....

thumbsup2.gif

Yea, it's weird... The engine didn't respond correctly before so it felt like it needed a good cleaning...

Pulling the boat and only getting 10 MPG when I used to get 12-13 was a huge signal also...

It was as 60MPH instead of 65, but still - wow.

Last night before the Seafoam I was getting 18 to 19.6 at 70MPH.

Chevron Chemical and Shell(SOPUS) make the PEA additives that are sold to many other brands.

Save money and buy Chevron or Shell/Pennzoil/Quaker

Chevron invented PEA.

"Polybutene Amine (PBA) and Polyether Amine (PEA) are two chemical technologies originally developed and patented by Chevron to help clean harmful deposits from carburetors, injectors, valves, and ports. Although commonly found in most consumer fuel system treatments, PBA still leaves behind combustion chamber deposits, preventing an engine from being restored to its original performance.

Not only does Techron Concentrate Plus have enough PEA to help remove deposits from your fuel system in one tankful, but it also can clean and protect your fuel system sensors from sulfuric buildup – the root cause of faulty fuel gauge readings".

Chevron may have invented PEA, but they didn't discover the powerful cleaning ability of amines. Amines of quite a few varieties have been used for many, many years for cleaning some nasty organic films, etc. A product does not have to be Chevron to contain the correct amines, in the correct combination and strength to do the job well.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
You went from 16 to 23 mpg with injector cleaner?? WOW you must have had some real mung in there!!!

Pablo my mom's G6 went from 19mpg to 26mpg with the Napa Pro-Clean system. :) Friend has the assembly to hook it up to the car. Aerosol can is only $13 at Napa. You shut fuel pump off (pull fuse) and you run the car off the can. Typically at the lowest pressure (has gauge) possible while still maintaining a good idle. IIRC her car ran for 20 minutes on the 12oz can.

I suspect she had dirty injectors from the factory or something. Her economy (G6 GT btw) was always about 22mpg. Recently it had been running a little rough and the mpg dropped to 19. Dealer wanted $100 for their treatment. I said I'd do it cheaper :) Like I said after the cleaning car idles better, and fuel economy mixed is 26mpg, and highway is 27.5. Her car previously never responded to even Chevron FSC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back