FI Cleaner for a Motorcycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the whole motorcycle arena, so bear with me. I just picked up a 2002 Honda CBR600 F4i (Fuel Injected) and since it was used, I want to run either Redline SI-1 or Regane through it as I have both handy. Is there any fundamental difference between a car fuel injector and a motorcycle injector?

If not, I'm assuming either of those two cleaners cut to about 1/3 to 1/2 of the original amount will be fine?

Not that I know of, and I have actually heard good things about Redline SI-1 in cycles.

There are cautionary warnings about using FIC with amines when it comes to 2 cycle engines. This is due to the fear the amines will wash the lubrication from the bearings and let them wear quickly. In an engine like your though it should be perfectly fine.

If it helps, I run a 2oz shot of SI-1 in my 4 cycle lawnmower every spring and at the end of summer to give it a good cleaning. Engine is a Briggs and Stratton 4.5HP and it loves the treatment.

No, the systems are very similar, the cycle just has smaller parts and smaller openings for the injectors.
Check the back of the bottle(s) and figure the ratio of cleaner to a car tank, then convert that to the cycle tank.
1/4 might be closer the the right amount, IMHO.

Thanks guys. 1/4 is probably closer (Regane says treats up to 20 gallons) since the tank is just about 5 gal.

Well, I have both. I ran the Regane through my G35, because I got it free after rebate from autozone :D Regane worked well, little peppier acceleration. I did not have the Redline yet, but I do now. I'll probably try the Redline in the bike since I know that regane works already (And I have 2 bottles of redline vs 1 of regane)

Thanks for the advice guys!

I just did a dose of Redline in my car - eliminated the slight pinging I have on 85 octane and it for sure runs smoother. I'm sold - will run a bottle each spring in preparation for hot summer temps.

Not trying to thread-jack here, but how would the FP product line perform? Just as well as the rest?

FP is a maintenance product, so I would imagine you wouldn't feel any immediate effects.

I use FP+ in my current Honda, and unfortunately, I can only hope that it is cleaning carbon as advertised. I'm planning on getting a CBR600RR within the next couple years, and I will most definitely be using FP+ regularly.

How does BG44K compare to these? I know it's expensive...

Is it better than RedLine or Regane?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back