QuantumBlue Lubricants-Anyone use these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probabaly another company that believes their own bogus made claims. I think if you have the money, the magazines sometimes can and do for a fee, make any product you have sound good on paper. Look at car and drivers "car of the year" of past magazines, I remember the amc renualt alliance was the "car of the year" once.

quote:

Originally posted by drive it forever:
Look at car and drivers "car of the year" of past magazines, I remember the amc renualt alliance was the "car of the year" once.

Now, now, my grandmother loved her Alliance...

lol.gif

Bob W.

quote:

Mineral Synthesis(TM)is the next generation of base oils. It is beyond traditional mineral, synthetic, or mineral/synthetic blends. We hydro-treat the oil, take all the reactive hydrocarbons out of the oil and produce synthetic characteristics out of mineral base. Benefits of mineral and synthetic without the drawbacks of both in their traditional forms.

Hmmm, sounds like a group III to me. I bet you'd never hear Castrol say this.

After checking out the web site, I am amazed that people complain about Amsoil's marketing practices.

Did you see the price? $9 a quart
shocked.gif

[ December 28, 2004, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: medic ]

I got a gallon of the octane booster that BND sells, all it did was eat the seals in my fuel system. Car actually had more of a spark knock problem. I will never buy any thing from them again.

I have used Qauntum Blue lubes for almost a year now and have had no problems in 15,000 miles. The oil and filter are changed every 6000 miles. I use it in my '98 Neon DOHC engine and regularly run it to the 6500 rpm redline. Just turned over 90,000 miles. The airtool oil works well and makes a good gun oil.
The fuel additive I have used just as long and in all my vehicles from my '92 Iroc R/T to my propane powered '76 Dodge 4WD. The diesel formula has antigel benefits that worked well in my IHC tractor last winter. Cleaned my 1/4 mile long driveway 4 times in one day! No gel problems and on #2 diesel.
Stuff works and I would recommend it.

quote:

Originally posted by progun:
I have used Qauntum Blue lubes for almost a year now and have had no problems in 15,000 miles. The oil and filter are changed every 6000 miles. I use it in my '98 Neon DOHC engine and regularly run it to the 6500 rpm redline. Just turned over 90,000 miles.

Stuff works and I would recommend it.

Walmart's group III synth can do the same thing for alot less $$$.

On what basis do you recommend it? Do you have any numbers or is this based on the fact that your engine is still running at 90,000 miles? If you show me a UOA that shows a 90% reduction in wear metals, as claimed by QuantumBlue, I'll buy this stuff without thinking twice.

This stuff may be a good oil, but I don't see anything that makes it worth $9 a quart.

Well, I'll try a slightly different approach...
smile.gif

Progun ..since you appear to use this stuff for the whole fleet ..is there a chance you'll do a couple of back to back UOA's on your Neon so we can see how the stuff holds up? For all you know ..you're flushing the stuff far too soon. This stuff is pretty expensive.

From the other thread:

>

Get a grip, dude. I haven't posted in any other thread because I don't have anything to add to them. Is it ok to just read and absorb stuff? sheesh. someone asked a question about a product I was familar with, so I posted up.

And to pick on the way I titled my UOA thread is kind of juvenile. I put it that way so the guy who asked me to post it there could find it.

I don't care what you use or don't use. My UOA is what it is. What's convinced me to stay with it are the testimonials from the large industrial and construction customers buying it by the drum, having it analyzed, and buying more.

To learn more, you'll just have to call 'em. Or you can live in your ignorance and just call people names.. Maybe I should have written a check to the site first so I'd be entitled to an opinion.

Tom

Maybe I should have written a check to the site first so I'd be entitled to an opinion.

Tom,

I don't think this comment was really called for. If you would like to take a minute and check most of the posters on this site are not monetary contributors to the site, but their knowledge, experience and posts are a contribution, just like yours are.

Thanks

I owned 3 renault alliances. I had 500k miles between the 3 of them with lame maintenance and no major problems once you learned the quirks of this vehicle. I wish they made cars this simple and reliable today. And, the 50mpg highway was great!

Concerning BND, they've been mentioned before in a couple of threads. They also supposedly custom blend what you want or for your specific application. Neo, another maligned brand that noones uses, also custom blends. I mention this because everyone is waiting for a certain sponsor to start custom blending motor oils.

Either use it or not. But don't slam it until you actually try it.

Concerning price, that could be said about EVERY product. I still don't know why I use Rotella-T synth when Supertech is 1/3 the price
dunno.gif

A lot of information about oil is taken from unknown circumstances. Lots of factors are just plain unknown when a uoa is posted or someone praises or trashes a certain oil and a snap-shot makes it even worse. Example, one of our customers has a deliver truck running Delo 400 15w-40 oil. Great uoa's and a lot of miles. Last year I found out that he buys the oil in bulk and changes it every 1 to 1.5k miles. The truck gets driven only by him and about 100 to 200 miles a day, 5 days a week, 40 to 50 weeks a year, no rush-hour or stop and go driving. Delo looks real good, here in Southern California in this truck, maybe better than in a truck that has weather, stop and go driving with short trips, driven by someone with a heavy foot, with the most expensive synthetic oil. Given half a chance this oil we are discussing should do a good job. What we are missing, is a method of direct comparison at a reasonable price. Testimonals are hard to figure out.

bountyhunter, I do believe you had good intent. When we see an oil that makes claims like they do, the red flags go up big time. We've often been led down this path by people drumming up business. As for the comparison of asking Molacule to do custom blends, has anybody here ever heard him remotely speak in the doublespeak sales jiberish that the bnd site contains. He'll tell you not to use his product if it doesn't fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back