Lucas Treatment and Power Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search engine here is [censored] lately.

Lucas Fuel Treatment, commonly referred to as Lucas UCL (upper cylinder lube), has a good following here. It seems to smooth and quiet engines/injectors/fuel pumps, and some people report a slight MPG increase. If you buy it in a gallon size, its quite cost effective too, and may pay for itself with any MPG increase.

Not sure on the Power Service.

I've used the Power Service's "Diesel Fuel Supplement plus Cetane Boost" additive in my Yanmar tractor, as well as my work's Yanmar-powered Clarke forklift and two Yanmar-powered John Deere Gators.

It really helped the Yanmar tractor - making it easier to start. I believe I had some water in the diesel fuel tank and this chased it out.

In the forklift, we didn't notice much difference at all. It's not the world's most happy forklift (it continues to run after you turn off the key!) to begin with and I had high hopes that were not met.

In the Gators, it seemed like the started a little quicker and ran a little smoother.

lucas is nothing but a snake oil...don't add it to your gas because it leaves deposits
coking..use a good oil...in the gas i learned to just use a good additive to your gas that has no oils in it...redline sl-1(no oil in this additive) bg's super chargell which is designed to be used with every fill up therefore bg 44k and cf-5 is never needed...in the past i learned the hard way i use to use neutra,some lucas,fp-60,and others with an oil base messed up my engine with deposits on my rings and tops..i don't use any additives in my oils and gas. i think lc in the oil is disaterous in my opinion..it just doesn't mix well which i have stated all along..

Last edited:
I disagree boxcartommie22, fuels today don't have near the lubrication properties that products that FP60 and LUCL have shown to be beneficial in this manor.

The same thing goes with 2 cycle oil in the gas.

Just to be on the same page, are you talking about Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant [Lucas UCL]?
I use it a lot [or 2 stroke oil or a mix].
This is one product of theirs that is known to be good.

iam talking about the ucl for gas i don't use their oil additives....i know that i been using this stuff for alone time and had to tear down engine and found all this garbage around rings etc.use what you want.. i know why experts say do not add additives...unfortunately i learned the hard way...

Last edited:
Well it depends on how much you use it.

Personally I find out that at ratio between 1:800 - 1:1000 the car goes great.

At beginning I was using the ratio suggested from the company around 1:600 end I have to admit that I felt as the car was loosing power.

So the important thing is the ratio used.

Last edited:
these pics are always hard to find on BITOG:

fueladditive1.JPG

fueladditive2.jpg

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/videos.html

We have used Lucas UCL with good results in the last 4 vehicles we have owned.

We buy the large bottle and refill the small 5.25 oz bottles that we carry in our vehicles.

We use it every time we buy fuel @ the rate of between 2 and 2.5 oz per 10 gallons of unleaded regular with good results.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I can't get the videos to work, but from the looks of the picture, the Lucas fuel treatment helps a little.

I'd like to watch too. I can't get the needed codec to work.

Download this Codec
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/VoxWare_MetaSound_Audio_CoDec.htm
Basically he puts three drops of acid into half tube of diesel, shakes it up, empties it, and hits it with a welding torch.
For the treated tubes, he fills the rest of the tubes with the additives, shakes them up and torches them as well.
The additive to fuel ratio is like 1:1. As this ratio, I am not sure if it proves anything.
I love LUCL BTW. Makes my 2.4L Camry run smooth and returns 33 MPG. (EPA 21/30). (Well the drivetrain is well tuned, tires are inflated, and I take it easy, helped too)

Originally Posted By: Jonny Z
Download this Codec
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/VoxWare_MetaSound_Audio_CoDec.htm
Basically he puts three drops of acid into half tube of diesel, shakes it up, empties it, and hits it with a welding torch.
For the treated tubes, he fills the rest of the tubes with the additives, shakes them up and torches them as well.
The additive to fuel ratio is like 1:1. As this ratio, I am not sure if it proves anything.
I love LUCL BTW. Makes my 2.4L Camry run smooth and returns 33 MPG. (EPA 21/30). (Well the drivetrain is well tuned, tires are inflated, and I take it easy, helped too)

I have installed the codec but still I can't see the video.
Any suggestion ?

I also installed the codec for Windows Media Player, but still a "no-go."

So instead of IE and the Media Player, I used Firefox and chose Nero Show Time to open the application.

Success!
grin2.gif

I would not buy anything from Lucas other than the UCL or their trans slip for a last resort on a tired trans. Seen dramatic improvements in engines running the ucl in gas and diesel engines over the years. Although I think the price for a gallon has got out of hand and seems a little overpriced for what it really is.

Originally Posted By: Harley Anderson
Although I think the price for a gallon has got out of hand and seems a little overpriced for what it really is.

A big reason I now mix it 50/50 with MMO and see the same performance increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back