Better Gas Mileage With BP Regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Titan
I drive over 60,000 miles per year, and my fuel efficiency is more related to SPEED than anything else. If speed is constant, the next most important variable in my car is TERRAIN. If terrain is constant, the next most important variable is TEMPERATURE.

Brand of gas variabilities are in the range of noise in my vehicle.

The WIND is also a high factor in gas mileage.

Originally Posted By: robl
I do get around 30 MPG, constantly with BP, and about 27 with Holiday and Marathon as well.

I and many others get worse mileage on Holiday gas. I will not go there anymore!!!!!

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Maybe that station has less alcohol in their fuel.

Oh yes, I forgot to state in my post...

For me, Esso consistently gets better mileage than Shell despite the fact that V-Power 91 is stickered as 0% ethanol and Esso 91 is 10% ethanol. Go figure.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Originally Posted By: Titan
I drive over 60,000 miles per year, and my fuel efficiency is more related to SPEED than anything else. If speed is constant, the next most important variable in my car is TERRAIN. If terrain is constant, the next most important variable is TEMPERATURE.

Brand of gas variabilities are in the range of noise in my vehicle.

The WIND is also a high factor in gas mileage.

True, going into a stiff head-wind from Kansas City to Wichita yields significantly less mpg than returning with the same tail-wind.

when I used texaco gas in my 98 corolla, we would get around 270 miles to the tank, swapped to Shell, started getting 320 miles to the tank, all highway.....

I use BP as much as I can. It seems good. Having poor results with Sunoco recently and ok with XOM.

I have now gone through 4 tanks worth of Arco gas in the SX4. Coming from the ethanol free Chevron, (Oregon has since mandated ethanol for everyone, so "ethanol free" no longer applies), I was expecting to see a decrease in mileage.
Thankfully, I haven't noticed anything notable. Well that's not entirely true... The Arco gas is notably cheaper!
56.gif

I found that "5% off Shell gas offer" quite enticing. Just received my card today, and will be giving the V-Power a try.

I'm still using the MMO/LUCL mix, with each fill-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back