What cleaner to use for oil stains on concrete driveway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used diluted Muriatic Acid. Use lots of safety and precautiosn, kids - it's dangerous stuff!

But it works like a charm, and it's cheap.

Greased lightening is the best thing at removing grease/oil period.I used diluted Muriatic Acid. Tried both the stains stayed the concrete lightened around them. I pounded the powerded concrete mix into the stain swept most of it up the next day. Then watered it lightly brushed the remaining with a stiff broom let dry. Today I will look at the drive and see if it hardened or whatever.Even the hard to remove rubber tire mark looks good. If the new concrete is dark I will let it weather for a week and perhaps put some bleach on it to try and lighten it up. I would almost rather have darker spots on the drive with new concrete than oil spots.

I used to sweep parking lots. Always carried some OIL DRY (cheaper then kitty litter) on the sweeper trailer. Scatter it over a stain, grind it in thoroughly with your shoe, let sit while blowing out the corners and curbs and then sweep it all up.

Quote:

Put some kitty litter on it, then grind it in with a brick or piece of 2Xsomething. Let it set till it all blows away and the stain is gone.

i did that...stains still there...so i busted out the concentrated degreaser and pressure washer....
must not have rinsed it too well...now there are oil stains and streaks of white....great, it's my mother-in-law's driveway too!
crazy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back