Floor Jack - US Made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hein-Werner W93652 3-Ton

US Jack 4-Ton (pdf file)

Any other options that I might be missing for Made in USA floor jacks? Hein-Werner also has a 2-ton W93642 that is Made in USA for ~ $125 less than the 3-ton. The US Jack certainly looks overkill for non-professional use. Man, I bet that thing is a tank. SPX OTC has a 2-ton jack that is assembled in USA for $50 less than the Made in USA HW 2-ton.

Lincoln jacks.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-162121.html

I bought mine from Napa about 6 yrs ago $300.

I had bought a Sears full size jack that was made in Japan in 1985. Decent Jack but the Lincoln jack has more capacity even though they are both 2 ton jacks.

I can jack up the whole rear end of my my Dads 1 ton van with the Lincoln jack but the Sears Japan jack can't do it. I have to do a corner at a time.

Last edited:
oilboy,
From your link I saw Gray jacks. Thank you as I have not heard of them before. They are Made in the USA. Their model Model FSJ-60B for $510 +$95 S&H = $605 has the same specs as the Hein Werner. 1-year warranty. US-owned & operated company as well. Hein-Werner has a 2-year warranty but is owned by Shinn Fu.

Gray Jacks

Yep, I forgot to include Milwaukee but I suspect they are as much money as US Jack as they look just as tough. Milwaukee has a 1-year warranty.

I will check at Napa in the coming week.

Most of the Lincoln jacks are now available as Hein-Werner as US made or Blackhawk as an import. Example is Lincoln 2-ton model 93642 which is now a HW 93642 (same as my 3-ton link above).

AC Hydraulic is a jack from Denmark. AES carries them.
Code:

Specifications: DK20 DK13HLQ DK20HLQ

Price $425 $631 $817

Capacity 4400# 2900# 4400#

Min. Height 3.1" 3.1" 3.1"

Max. Height 19.7" 29.2" 31.3"

Frame Length 26" 37" 37.4"

Handle 37.4" 37.4" 37.4"

Frame Height 6.3" 6.3" 8.7"

Width 16" 18.9" 19.7"

Weight 64.5# 84.7# 99#

A rubber jack saddle cusion is available for $31.

Keep it coming Benjamming! Good stuff. Maybe after you are done researching, you could do up a summary of sorts with good/better/best in terms of costs, value, pro vs. consumer grade, whatever.

That AES site puts out some serious marketing and sales hype. I almost have to believe that their Ranger and American Forge lines are Chinese made and AES tries to make them out as established US companies. Kind of like Northern Tool makes their jacks out to be quality products.

They build an image to make you feel good about their products. "If its good enough for GM's proving grounds.....?" What do you guys think?

Those American Forge Jacks look very similar to what Sears offer.

Those Danish jacks look good. But, if I am getting up into those $$$$ (not throw away), I worry about parts availability a few years down the line (hard to predict with any brand now a days).

I like jack that have alot of range - so the same jack can be used on a compact car or a four wheel drive Ram.

That red one pictured in the pdf file (2-TON SHORT CHASSIS FLOOR JACK D-51226)..... now there's a versatile backyard jack that's not overly-heavy.

Where can that be purchased in the Detroit area?

Last edited:
DETROIT JACK & TOOL SERVICE 2285 INDIANDALE DETROIT MI 48238 313-867-2100

It will probably be expensive. However, not as much as their 4-ton ($1000+).

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
That AES site puts out some serious marketing and sales hype. I almost have to believe that their Ranger and American Forge lines are Chinese made and AES tries to make them out as established US companies. Kind of like Northern Tool makes their jacks out to be quality products.

They build an image to make you feel good about their products. "If its good enough for GM's proving grounds.....?" What do you guys think?

Same thoughts here as well. The response from their fellow:

"Thank you for your interest in our products.

We sometimes get this question:
Are anybody's products made in US anymore?

Ranger and American Forge & Foundry are American companies,
but manufacture much of their equipment in part, or in whole in asia.

Our Jacks from AC Hydraulic are made in Denmark, and are truly top-of-the-line.

It has become a common technique among American Companies,
to make their products overseas due to the cheap labor.
Most US manufacturers do this.
The components are made overseas, (usually Asia), and then assembled here.
I am not aware of any company that is not doing this to some degree.
There could be some, I'm just not aware of them.

With this being so common, your main concern should be quality of construction.
There are many cheap manufacturers that use sub-par components and poor quality construction,
and there are manufacturers that maintain top quality standards, even while using cheaper Asian labor.

There's no getting around using Asian labor for the most part.

I can assure you that the folks at American Forge & Foundry and Ranger maintain strict quality standards and components,
such as double-sealed hydraulics, and are good, solid professional-quality equipment manufacturers.
Their products are made to withstand commercial shop use, and we have sold their products with
almost entirely positive feedback from customers.

We refuse to carry every equipment manufacturer under the sun, just because they are cheap.
We make sure they maintain high quality and safety standards.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.
I look forward to serving you."

I promptly replied that he would not get my business. The reply I received from Matco regarding their jacks was palatable:

All 3 country of origin: China
Thank you

What is the country of origin for your floor jacks?
Part#: MFJ214Part#: MFJ35APart#: MFJ15
Thank you.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Those Danish jacks look good. But, if I am getting up into those $$$$ (not throw away), I worry about parts availability a few years down the line (hard to predict with any brand now a days).

That is the same worry that I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back