My results with Lucas UCL and synthetic oils...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven

Just some observations... I have an '06 Ford F150 FX4 w/5.4L A/T 40,000kms. Since I've owned the truck I seeing consistant fill ups at 550kms, or right when the low fuel light comes on. Since using UCL and changiing my entire driveline to Mobil1 synthetics I've been getting consistant fill ups at 630kms when the fuel light comes on.

The truck is used for a 40km round trip to work and back in regular peak rush hour periods, otherwise it sits in the garage. These changes in mileage took place immeditiately and have remained the same for a few months now.

All the best BITOG'ers!

Yeah, too bad you didn't change just one thing at a time and see what actually improved your fuel economy. Probably a combination of all mentioned. Anyhow, congrats. Every little bit helps when fuel is this high. Welcome to Bitog!

Im using syn oil in my wifes RX-300 and each time I use Lucal UCL in the fuel tank as/per the directions, the fuel economy drops a couple miles per gallon on that particular tank of fuel.

I got worse gas mileage with Lucas UCL in my VW 1.8T. I think whether it helps or hurts depends on the engine, fuel octane, and some other factors.

Ven,

I use Lucas in both my cars every week as a treatment to my gas with good results AND use Mobil 1 in both also.

More can be done to increase ones mileage and one or the other doesn't always yield seeable results. You might also check your tires for proper tire pressure and replace the air filter cleaner. In addition accelerate smoothly/slowly from the red lights and slow dowm on the freeways. I try to go no faster than 60 myself.

Durango

Small update. I stopped using the UCL for 4 tank fills, and my mileage returned to the previous results I was seeing before, averaged 570kms per tank. On top of that the engine didn't run as smooth. The vehicle is being used the same way, tire pressures are checked weekly, and I don't vary driving habits, air filter is always clean, same gas station, etc....

Last week I put in the UCL and filled up with 87octane. Instant difference in how the engine runs, and so far it looks like I'll return to the better mileage I've seen before. Not a scientific test but IMHO the UCL works as advertised. Maybe there's other factors at work here, even so the difference in how smooth the engine runs is proof enough for me, that result was immediate.

All the best BITOG'ers.

That's cool that you've had such good success, sounds like it's working for you. I'll have to try it in my car and see how it likes it.

Was using LUCL for awhile then tried MMO, changed out my wifes factory fuel filter and the fuel that came out had no lubercating properties. May go back to the LUCL.

If you have a V-8 engine you might not feel the difference when using Lucas. In my 4 cylinder Camry one can tell a big difference as the engine smoothed out allot when I added two treatments. Now it runs simular to a 6 cylinder instead of the usual feel of a 4. So far no troubles that is for seen so I'm sold on this product as long as it helps my MPG.

Durango

Last edited:
I have been using Lucas UCL @ the rate of 2 - 2.5 oz per 10 gallons of regular unleaded every time we purchase fuel in both our vehicles with good results too.

Use Mobil 1 5W20 oil and get better than EPA Estimates on both vehicles.

Works for me.

On my Camaro, I didn't see any mpg improvement with synthetic. With my daily driver Civic, I just put in some Lucas UCL yesterday with a new tank of gas and have noticed that it is quieter. I'll report back with any mpg improvement.

I have a 4 cyl and I can REALLY tell when UCL is used - the engine smooths out. I did not record enough MPG increase/decrease to be happy using it every tank. I use scanguage as my MPG recording tool for a daily 4/hr drive (round trip 2 hrs 1 way).

Sort of a follow up on my post from a few days ago with my first tank with about 3oz of Lucas UCL and about 8 out of 11 gallons used.

While it seemed to make the engine quieter, I didn't notice that much of a difference in my MPGs, up about 1mpg from 31 to 32 although this tank I tried to drive closer to the limit and was mindful of gentle acceleration from red lights. Or it could be a little higher as I did have one full throttle passing moment. I guess I'll see how the next tank goes.

Are little OT, are we still using winter gasoline? I know I went from 34-35mpg when I first got my car to 31-32 this past winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back