Valvoline 3 part oil change (incl FI cleaner)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEllo

My next home oil change is coming up in a little while. I've bought some Valvoline Durablend 10W-30 for my 2005 I4 Camry. The bottle has their "3 part oil change" on it. This is the oil, filter + FI cleaner. So I also picked up some Valvoline fuel injector and carby cleaner (all came in a pack).

At my last major service at the dealer I got the rippoff fuel system cleaner done, and rather than having to do it every 30,000km for $90 at the dealer I am thinking the 3 part oil change is the way to go every time I change my oil - between 5,000 and 7,500 km. (I drive only a short way to work)

Now this FI cleaner smells like diesel/kero with the lid still on and is pretty potent stuff. Any harm or any good in using it with every oil change? Or am I wasting money.

They recommended doing the oil +filter, then adding cleaner to the next fill up tank of petrol (gas). one dose per oil change.

by the way I notice today when filling up at the rural servo that they have a big drum of kero standing there which you can buy from. Am I better of putting 100mL of kero into my fuel after each oil change than buying the valvoline brand stuff?

Originally Posted By: crinkles

They recommended doing the oil +filter, then adding cleaner to the next fill up tank of petrol (gas). one dose per oil change.

Wouldn't it be better to pour the cleaner into the gas tank and fill the tank. Then run that tank down, refill the gas then change the oil and filter?

JMO,
Frank D

that did actually occur to me! seeing as all the loose scum from the injectors and fuel system would be floating around for 5,000km... plus the oild would be contaminated wouldn't it?

I will prbably do it FI cleaner first, run down the tank, then do oil change. seeing as 5,000km is a pretty short oil interval anyway.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back