what year honda start using timing chain

Status
Not open for further replies.
one their vehicles. please list car by type and year.

i.e.

Accord: from X to Y
CIvic:

etc.

Not asking too much. Can we get you some coffee while we are up? J/K I couldnt help it

lately, i've been quite concern and interest about the use of timing chain in vehicle as a smart way to build customer loyalty base as it save customers a lot in maintenance. for trouble vehicle such as my honda accord, we're talking about the biggest saving of all since nothing else needing replacing costing more than 50 dollars.

was it done by indy or dealer? i always suspect TB and water pump to be in the $1500 range.

Originally Posted By: M1Accord
was it done by indy or dealer? i always suspect TB and water pump to be in the $1500 range.

Mine was $600 at the Acura dealership, for what it's worth. They usually charge more for everything than Honda does.

timing chain started in 2003 honda accord 2.4L engine and up. I'm thinking that was the year when they went from 2.2L to 2.4 L engine.

must be the nova, dc, md thing as everything here is expensive for no reason. i'll check w/ the dealership to see what price they say. i need one in 2 years for the honda (67k) and 4 years for the corolla (90k and 35k from last belt).

with the introduction of the K-series I4 engine in about 2001. It was Honda's first 'new' engine design to make it to chain. The newer R-series I4 engines also use chain. The Honda J-V6's are an older design than when the mandate was set, so the next gen Honda V6 should have chain.

M1Accord,

That was done at my local Honda dealership about 4 years ago, I'm sure the same job today would cost $200 more.

Not a bad deal if you ask me, plus they gave me a free loaner for 1/2 the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back