Quaker State Advanced Engine Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if this formula in Quaker State's "Q" synthetic series was discontinued? NO info about it on their web site anywhere but you see it in a few stores and online at a few places. I wrote in and asked but they have not responded.

I think there has been some conjecture that Q-Advanced = Q-Horsepower (= Shell Helix?)... name change for marketing purposes (?)

Quaker State branded oils went over to Q-Power branding. They coexisted for a while but now QS is only conventional. GO over to the Q for synthetic stuff. Q-Horse Power is what you want now in that brand.

I have been to the Q site. They have quite a few different options. No Advanced Engine formula however but I find it online and in some local areas. Was just curious if maybe it was DQ'd or renamed. Actually, way too many Q's...
LOL.gif

Full Synthetics:
Advanced Engine
TorquePower
HorsePower
Racing

Synthetic Blend:
High-RPM
4X4 SUV

Image1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: NHSilverado
I have been to the Q site. They have quite a few different options. No Advanced Engine formula however but I find it online and in some local areas. Was just curious if maybe it was DQ'd or renamed. Actually, way too many Q's...
LOL.gif

Full Synthetics:
Advanced Engine
TorquePower
HorsePower
Racing

Synthetic Blend:
High-RPM
4X4 SUV

Image1.jpg

Q Advanced Engine is what you are looking for.

Q High-RPM and Q 4X4 are both blends and pretty close to the same product.

Q Torque Power is basically same as Advanced with a little more friction modifiers.

Q Horse Power is the equivalent to Shell Helix Ultra.

Q Racing is just that, a PAO/Ester Racing oil.

The synthetics except for the racing oil are Group III's and the blends are a mix of Group II and Group III.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Black_Thunder
wow, didn't know the Horsepower was = Shell Helix Ultra.

sweet, i may need to look into that :)

I dont think Horsepower is Shell Helix Ultra. From what I have read here Pennzoil Platinum Euro formula is the same as Shell Helix Ultra. Maybe Johnny can correct me if i am wrong.

Deven, you are 100% correct. My mistake. It's both the Pennzoil Platinum European Formula and the Quaker State European Formula that are the same as the Shell Helix Ultra. On the Quaker State side, that's the oil they advertise with those horses and Ferrari.

Is there a product data sheet for the PP Euro formula. The Pennzoil site doens't seem to have one. I'd like to see the numbers for this oil.

I actually WISH I could find some QS Euro-Formula 5W-40 or 10W-60. I think I saw it in a larger Pepboys near Buffalo, NY like once..

Just gets better and better...
crazy2.gif

Made the rounds today of the last few parts stores I had not checked for the Quaker State Advanced Engine as well as the TorquePower formulas in 5W-30. 10W-30 TP was everywhere but no other weight but for a PepBoys that had everything but 5W-30. Found the Advanced Engine at an AAP but they only had 7 bottles of 10W-30. I am looking for it as a family member wants to run it but could not find the 5W-30 near them. It has become kind of a thing with me. I AM going to find the TorquePower oil in 5W-30 weight. I AM going to win!
LOL.gif

At one Advance Auto and one PepBoys I got a parts person who actually put some effort into helping. At both places they called to see what was up. The funny thing is they got some backwards info.

At the AAP they had no TorquePower but had some of the Advanced Engine as said. The parts person told me they put the TorquePower on clearance for $1 a qt the previous week because the mfg discontinued it and they sold out( NO SH*T! - that made me almost puke that I missed it ). The Advanced Engine was what they got to replace it. At the PepBoys I was also told TorquePower had been Discontinued. Once what they had was gone they wouldn't have anymore. As said both called and this is what they were told. That the mfg discontinued the TorquePower. The AAP was being told the Advanced Engine was the new oil to replace it.

That seemed backwards to me plus I thought the TorquePower was a newer offering. Found it hard to believe it was already being cancelled. So I called Quaker State( well SOPUS )and asked myself. The Advance Engine has been cancelled and is not made anymore. The TorquePower is still good. He about crapped when I told him the AAP had clearanced the TorquePower for $1 a qt.

He gave me the phone # of a local distributor to call so hopefully I can find some place selling the 5W-30 TP for my family member. Man what a real nightmare just trying to find a simple oil. It is official. I am now an obsessed and anal BITOG'er.
banana2.gif

I think it's the Q Horsepower 5w-40 that is the Shell Helix Ultra. It mentions that it is BMW LL-01, MB 229.5, and Ferrari approved. Not too shabby!

13.1 CsT at 100 C
74.4 CsT at 40 C
3.68 HTHS
Noack 11%

Looks [censored] good! Too bad I can't find it either!

Originally Posted By: ArcticCat
I think it's the Q Horsepower 5w-40 that is the Shell Helix Ultra. It mentions that it is BMW LL-01, MB 229.5, and Ferrari approved. Not too shabby!

13.1 CsT at 100 C
74.4 CsT at 40 C
3.68 HTHS
Noack 11%

Looks [censored] good! Too bad I can't find it either!

I can find the Horsepower formula here no problem( haven't seen 5W-40 though )but that is not the one they want. They want the TorquePower and it is very hard to find and really hard in 5W-30. That is odd as well since 5W-30 has been the standard weight most all mfg's have called for over the last decade+.

I bought a case of Q TorquePower since it was super cheap and I wanted to give it a one-time shot. I usually use PP or Amsoil ASL.

Haven't heard much here about TP, suppose PP & ASL is better than Q's TP...??

(Acronym madness)
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back