A new gas saver for your consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's not an additive but it is used as a gas saver and if it's in the wrong place than bad on me.

Gas Saver Pro is the latest gas saver for your consideration. I can not post their web address but you might be able to Google it and with a little bit of searching find in all on your own. Could their membership in AAIA be of any value? Could Robert Hauge their "Executive Member" be promoting a device that actually works. I met him at Good Guys in Del Mar, California. he told me that you clip this little device about the size of a 9mm cartridge on to your spark plug wires and it gathers something from somewhere and put it somewhere and you get a guaranteed improvement in fuel mileage. They had a booth at the show in the vendor's area and said they would welcome a test and supply samples. I thought that since there are skeptics on board BITOG and also people that are diligent users of various products and perfectly willing to wave the flag one way or the other that we could get a test going. I'm posting this to see if they would give one of our esteemed members a sample for testing and comment or do they just want to go out in the market and shear as many sheep as possible before the FTC spanks them and forces them to change their name and try something else.

You can react by saying it's bunk or we can get someone to try it and all share in their experience one way or the other. Besides if you spend a lot of time on this site you might need something to do.

How do I use this on my car... it has no distributor...

and its not a diesel...

JMH

So it must act like a spark magnifier but that wouldnt get your better mileage unless you had a weak spark to begin with and werent igniting the fuel mixture correctly.

Quote:
The excess energy collected by the Gas Saver Plus passes thru the wires and the spark plug into the combustion chamber; at this point it separates the hydrocarbon molecules that are bound together into separate molecules which burn at a more efficient rate eliminating much of the exhaust emissions. This in turn develops higher horse power, higher torque, and better gas mileage as well as lowering emissions 65%-70%.

What?? It reduces emissions by 70% yet none of the car manufacturers utilize anything like this straight from the factory?

The skeptic in me thinks it's another snake oil, similar to the magnetic gizmos mounted on the fuel lines that were all so popular a while back and that did absolutely nothing apart from making a few people rich. But I'd love it if someone could prove me wrong. I am no scientist afterall.

Quote:
Besides if you spend a lot of time on this site you might need something to do.

LOL.gif
11.gif
So true.

If one says a device with those types of claims is [censored] one will be correct over 99% of the time.

Where else can a person be so accurate without knowing anything about the device?
grin2.gif

A quick shave with Occam's Razor says it's a hoax.

Really, which emissions are lowered 65-70% CO2?

I doubt it. Since automakers are trying to meet CAFE standards, and those standards are going to get tougher, wouldn't the already be using something like this if it was reliable and effective?

Besides, what little HC that doesn't get burned in the engine is handled in the catalytic converter.

So how is a car with an effective emissions system going to benefit from this?

Maybe (and I really doubt it) there is a benefit to older vehicles that either don't pass emissions or don't meet the newer cars emission standards as well as are in need of a tune up. It's possible some of those vehicles might benefit from "some" (not necessarily this) technology.

But the question is, would they benefit more than a simple, professional tune up on the same vehicle.

My question of these claims is how much are other variables controlled. I.E. did they put on this gadget, plus change the faulty thermostat, catalytic converter, plugs, wires, air filter, PCV valve, etc.

Originally Posted By: javacontour

My question of these claims is how much are other variables controlled. I.E. did they put on this gadget, plus change the faulty thermostat, catalytic converter, plugs, wires, air filter, PCV valve, etc.

Exactly. You cant just pull a Royal Purple and change all the fluids and do a tune up so you can dyno at 5 extra horsepower.

Is anyone going to call them to mooch a free sample for a BITOG test? Come on. Don't consider yourself a sucker, consider that your are an explorer in hip boots. Imagine if every engineer, scientist and designer working for all the manufacturers in and around the automotive and truck industry all across the globe missed this. Remember that the heads of the Smithsonian Institute with unlimited resources could not make a heavier than air machine fly and two brothers from Ohio with the resources of a bicycle shop pulled it off. They were so dedicated to their ideas that they gave up dating and women all together. That my friend is commitment to the cause.

Oh by the way the company has a ten thousand dollar offer if you can prove their product to be bunk. Ask them. If you know it is and can prove it you summer vacation is paid for even if I end my sentence with a preposition.

Is there no one on this board that will be able to give an opinion from experience with the product and knowledge of how it works?

Originally Posted By: BarkerMan
Oh by the way the company has a ten thousand dollar offer if you can prove their product to be bunk.

So, say, I dyno my car before and after I install this product, and if the dyno does not show at least 4.6% increase in hp/torque at the wheels, they give me 10 grand? Let's be serious.

Now, testing mpg improvement would be more difficult because it's not easy to keep all other things constant (ambient temp, driving conditions, wind speed and direction, etc.).

Originally Posted By: BarkerMan
Is anyone going to call them to mooch a free sample for a BITOG test? Come on. Don't consider yourself a sucker, consider that your are an explorer in hip boots.

I'd certainly be willing to test one and keep track of my mileage and performance, but I'm not gonna pay anything for one.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Really, which emissions are lowered 65-70% CO2?

This was always my question w.r.t. LCD's claims too.

CO2 couldnt possibly be reduced by 65%, as then you'd effectively be burning 65% less fuel. The carbon has to come from somewhere.

CO would be plausible, but let's see an independent test of this device.

JMH

OK, I have ordered one, and will be testing it in a 1999 model Mazda with a 1.3 liter engine. I really don't expect it to work, but it doesn't cost that much. I have already saved what it cost, because I don't change my oil, anymore.

The product certainly has some glowing recommendations and dyno charts showing decent gains. Some are not across the entire RPM band but gains none the less.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
How do I use this on my car... it has no distributor...

and its not a diesel...

JMH

Google the site. Directions with pictures are there for coil on plug ignitions.

"OK, I have ordered one, and will be testing it in a 1999 model Mazda with a 1.3 liter engine."

I look forward Jonny-b to your evaluation on this latest "too good to be true" product.

If anything that a good tuneup won't do. Amazing results can be had merely swapping old plugs and wires with good-quality ones. I picked up a verifiable 1 mpg by doing that.

All right, all right, I'll quit sniping and wait to see results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back