Pennzoil High Mileage 5W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to Pennzoil for building a 5W-20 in a high mileage grade. It does not receive the Energy Conserving label. Do certain additives in the oil preclude that? There is no information on Pennzoil's website yet about this oil (it just showed up on my local Wal-Mart's shelf last week). I didn't see any discussion here about it either. Anyone got some "inside" knowledge about this oil?

Drew99GT is the man.
thumbsup2.gif

A little thicker base stock, small amount of esters for seals. Typical HM oil. This is the first I've heard of it in 5W20.

I must say that no other engine oil quiets and smooths out my little sewing machine Corolla engine better than Pennz HM 5w-30. Unfortunetally, I haven't found it on sale lately like I have Maxlife.

I'd bet the 5w-20 would pass the energy conserving test; Pennzoil likely doesn't pay to have it tested. Before Maxlife uped the viscosity, Valvoline indicated it would pass but they didn't test it since most HM vehicle owners were less concerned about GF-4 fuel economy.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
http://www.pzlqs.com/Tech/Pdsheet/DomesticMarketing/EngineOils/Pdf/HighMileageVehicle.pdf

Thanks; I SWEAR that PDS wasn't uploaded last time I checked the site!

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I'd bet the 5w-20 would pass the energy conserving test; Pennzoil likely doesn't pay to have it tested. Before Maxlife uped the viscosity, Valvoline indicated it would pass but they didn't test it since most HM vehicle owners were less concerned about GF-4 fuel economy.

I thought I understood at some point that the Energy Conserving spec specifically excluded certain constituents or attributes of an oil. Such as it specified a maximum allowable TBN, or none of this particular additive, etc. Am I totally off-base there?

That you Drew for the link.
It seems that everything is improved, and who would use their regular version with this available?
It claims to be thicker, but it still is in grade.
It cleans better, conditions seals, and has lower volatility.
It seems like a very good oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back