Who makes Tractor Supply Company's grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought some of their "Premium Truck and Tractor Grease" for the ball joints/tierod ends/universal joints on my dodge truck. They have some other types...a universal, and a universal with moly...

The manufacturer isn't listed, whose oil is it? And I guess the better questions is, is it any good?

Thanks

Last time I was in TS it seemed that everything there was a Mystik/Traveler product. I'd bet they were made by Mystik/Traveler, as well.

One way to know for sure would be to call up TS and have them FAX/e-mail you a copy of the MSDS on said greases. That would tell for sure...

later,
b

I decided to try some of the TSC premium truck and tractor...nice stuff...

It is very tacky, very sticky, and very resistant to washing with even kerosene...I used it instead of PZ 707L on my RV...initial thoughts are its every bit as good as 707L. If you were to put them side-by-side, you would not know the difference.

Here is a description:

Wheel bearings for passenger cars, trucks and motorcycles with disc brakes, ball joints, universal joints, chassis points and water pumps on cars and trucks. Excellent for heavily loaded plain and rolling element bearings at medium to high temperatures. NLGI GC-LB approved. Operating temperature range is -40 to 300 Deg F. Traveller premium grease is a premium lithium complex grease. This multi-purpose lithium complex grease has a high dropping point in excess of 500 Deg F, which insures retention where high temperatures are encountered. This product has been formulated with a special additive package which insures high film strength, extreme pressure (EP) and anti-wear properties. The high quality virgin base fluids provide excellent natural oxidation inhibition. This combined with effective anti-oxidants as well as corrosion inhibitors provide extra stability under storage and extreme service conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back